Chapter 12

It's been three days and Eddie hasn't heard from Steve. He's tired, he's called and he's been to Steve's house. Steve is avoiding him. He didn't mean to make Steve mad at him but he did and now he's trying to make it right.

Eddie is currently waiting outside Steve's house. He knocked and rang the bell. Today Eddie is determined to get his boyfriend to at least talk to him.

Eddie knows for a fact Steve is home because the lights are on and Steve hates leaving lights on.

"Steve come on we both know we can't keep doing this" Eddie shouts

"Steve I swear to god if you don't get out here in the next ten seconds I will break down your door" Eddie keeps yelling. He can hear Steve walk towards the door and open it.

"Hi," Steve mumbles. His face is still very beaten up.

"Hi," Eddie says with relief in his voice

They stare at each other for a while. Eddie clears his throat.

"So can we talk?" Eddie asks

"Yeah I have somewhere to be soon can it be quick?" Steve asks. He didn't really have he just didn't want this to take longer than it should.

"I can get over you not telling me everything but I cannot live without being my boyfriend" Eddie gets right to the point.

"Eddie they are things I want to tell but I can't and if I was allowed to tell you, you could get hurt so let me make this easy-" Steve gets cut off

"Steve I just said that I can live without knowing," Eddie says

"Eddie I can't live with not telling you every time I look at you I feel like I'm dying and this- this secret I want to tell you but I can't and even if I was able to tell you I can't do that to you because I would rather have you hate me then be dead so please let me do this" Steve begs and Eddie knows where he is going with this there is no denying it.

"I can't be with you anymore because I-" Steve is struggling to get the words out

"I don't love you anymore," Steve says and avoids Eddies eyes

"You don't mean that," Eddie tells him

"I don't love you" Steve repeats

"If you mean it then look me in the eyes and say it," Eddie says not really meaning it.

"Eddie I don't love you anymore" Steve is fighting back tears as he says it while staring Eddie dead in the eyes. Eddie has tears streaming down his cheeks

"Stop it you're being mean" Eddie mumbles.

"It's true" Steve is back to avoid edges eyes

"I hate you Steve Harrington and I never want to see you again" Eddies yells and gets in his car.

Once Eddie's van is out of sight Steve falls on the steps to his door and breaks down. Normally when Steve does this Eddie would be there to help him but he just threw away the one person who was actually there for him.

Steve just sits on the steps for what feels like days. He cries and cries he's never missed Eddie more than in this moment.

Steve finally gets up. He drags himself into his house and up to his room.

"You idiot" Steve mumbles to himself as he slams his bedroom door shut.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid..." Steve keeps repeating over and over again. He notices one of Eddie's shirts on his floor.

Steve walks over to it, hugs it, and throws it across his room.

"Screw this," He says. Steve gets off his floor and starts to tear his room apart. His clothes, blankets, and pillows are being thrown around his room. Steve isn't even sure of what he's doing anymore.