Orchestra Concert

AN: Y'all i know nothing about the Cello sorry lmao. Sadly Fatin and the reader only interact one time in this story :( Sorry!

Y/n, Ian, and Leah were sitting at their lunch table talking about a book Ian had found at a yard sale when the announcements went off, everyone stayed quiet as the speaker said "students please remember that after your third class you will come to the auditorium for our Orchestra Concert" then everyone continued talking.

"kinda random that we have to go to a concert after class" Y/n said, as Ian spoke up "i know right i thought those were like a after school thing where their parents come too" Leah shrugged her shoulders and grabbed the book Ian was talking about, "anyways so what's this book about?" Leah asked Ian turned the book over "Miles "Pudge" Halter, a high school junior who divides his life into time before and time after a life-changing event that the reader will not discover until later in the novel. Miles plans to attend the Culver Creek boarding school for his junior year of high school. i started the first couple of pages i mean i like it", Y/n opened the book to the first page.

one hundred thirty-six days before

THE WEEK BEFORE I left my family and Florida and the rest of my minor life to go to boarding school in Alabama, my mother insisted on throwing me a going-away party. To say that I had low expectations would be to underestimate the matter dramatically. Although I was more or less forced to invite all my "school friends," i.e., the ragtag bunch of drama people and English geeks I sat with by social necessity in the cavernous cafeteria of my public school, I knew they wouldn't come.

"Sounds like a sick book Ian let me read after you finish it" Y/n said handing the boy back his book "okay so Leah how do you think about it?" Leah shifted in her seat "I wonder what the 'one hundred thirty six days before' i'm curious I'm gonna see if i can find the book online" Leah said.

The three spent the rest of lunch talking about how if they were stuck on a stranded island what are three things they would take.

Everyone was back in class after lunch sadly Y/n didn't have her two friends in her class but Ian promised to save a seat with them. Y/n spent the entire time looking at the clock waiting for class to be over she hated being in class finally when the bell had ring, Y/n grabbed her stuff and walked to the auditorium where Ian and Leah were sitting at "hey guys" Y/n said as she slid herself down the row to her seat beside Leah, "Hey Y/n/n" Ian said "Hi Y/n/n" Leah said quietly. Leah wasn't really a talkative person but Y/n didn't mind it plus she enjoyed being friends with Leah anyways, as everyone started filling in the seats in the auditorium.

As everyone got in their seats, the lights dimmed making the room go darker and the stage curtains opened, the violin players were on the left and right side of the stage as the Cello players were in the middle, "Good Afternoon everyone if you don't know me i'm Mr. Lou we will be playing Experience by Ludovico and this is the orchestra band" he moved the mic away from and faced his students who will be performing and raised his hands as another teacher starting playing the piano that wasn't on the stage.

The kids playing the violin bought up their instruments and starting playing their park, Y/n could see Fatin from where she was sitting she was wearing a black dress, watching from afar Y/n could tell Fatin was confident in the piece she was playing all Y/n could think was how beautiful she looked. As the violins started playing all Y/n could was stare at the brown skinned girl, everyone watched as the conductor instructed his students.

It was then Cellos players playing, Fatin was focused on her notes cause she knew she couldn't mess up, Leah looked at Y/n and followed her eyes to the girl on stage she bumped her shoulder on Y/n's "close your mouth you're gonna catch flies" Y/n didn't even realize her mouth was open, she closed it. Y/n still admired the girl as she watched her fingers move into different positions. After 10 minutes the concert was over "guys do you wanna leave we can skip it's our last class anyways?" Ian said getting up "Yeah im down" Y/n said grabbing her bag as she watched Fatin leave the stage "i don't know" Leah said scratching her head "no come on Leah please" Y/n said looking at the girl as Leah was thinking about her decision Y/n pulled the girl up over her shoulders "come on Ian" Y/n said as Leah was hitting her back.

As they got to the parking lot Leah kept telling Y/n to put her down "Alright if i put you down will you come with us?" Y/n said as she kept walking "yeah just put me down Y/n/n" Leah said as she got onto her feet "good come on cause i found this sick place i want to take you guys" Y/n said, Ian threw Y/n his keys and indicating her to drive.

As the three were driving to whatever place Y/n had in mind, Leah had her nose buried in a book from a author that had visited them in school while Ian talked to Y/n about how whether a girl is much better at pleasing another girl than a boy because girl's know their body more than a boy, "i swear a girl is so much better" Y/n said as they stopped at a red light "no they don't obviously a boy knows more it's just common knowledge" "Ian i swear to god i will go back their and fight you" Y/n said as the light turned green.

They continued talking about the topic until Y/n looked over at Leah in the passenger "there is only one way to solve this" Y/n said and snatched her book "Y/n give me the book back" Leah said as she tried to get the book "i'm driving here" Y/n said, then she looked at the cover and groaned "really Le? Jeff's book again?" Y/n said Leah gave up and sat back into her seat "Yes it's a good book give it" "no tell me your opinion about this conversation" Ian watched as Y/n held the book away from the girl.

"I think a girl is better at pleasing another girl than a guy" Leah said, Y/n smiled "see thank you" she handed the girl back her book "wow she only said it cause she wanted her book" Ian said Y/n shrugged her shoulders.

When they finally got to the mysterious place "Y/n you should've just said it's a diner" Ian said as he closed the car door, "no i like to keep you guys thinking Leah leave the book in the car" Y/n said Leah didn't want to but she knew Y/n would fight so she left her bookmark in the page and left it on the car seat.

As Leah and Y/n got out the car, everyone headed inside the diner Leah looked around as Y/n walked over to a booth to sit in "aren't those the kids from our school" Leah said as she sat down beside Ian in front of Y/n, Y/n and Ian looked around seeing if Leah was crazy or not "shit it is" Ian said "fuck them" Y/n said as she grabbed the menus.

"Order what you want i'm paying, i gotta pee so just get me a sprite to drink please" Y/n said as Ian nodded his head in response. Y/n headed to the bathroom when she walked in she made eye contact with the one and only Fatin, both girls didn't bother to say anything as Fatin looked at herself in the mirror and continued putting as mascara, and Y/n went on to do her business.

When Y/n went to wash her hands Fatin was about to leave until she spoke up "you did amazing today" "in the Orchestra at school" Y/n felt butterflies talking to the girl but she just assumed it was her nerves Fatin turned to the girl and said "thank you" Y/n nodded in response when Fatin left Y/n dried her hands and took a big breath she walked back to her friends.

"So Fatin was in there huh?" Ian said smirking Y/n nodded her head "we didn't say anything she didn't recognized me" Leah looked up in her eyes she could sense that Y/n was lying but didn't want to narc. Everyone got their orders, they stayed at the diner for about a hour, they talked about so many things like school, their love life, their fucked up families but it was nice Y/n felt safe with them.

__________________________________
1572 words! GUYS THE WILDS GOT CANCELED D: i'm literally so upset and sad

__________________________________1572 words! GUYS THE WILDS GOT CANCELED D: i'm literally so upset and sad