Chapter 40

To everyone going through this kind of pain, or any at all, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's not your fault. You can move past this. Please stop grieving. I love you. ❤❤❤

*

Unedited.

Word count: 3258

Adrian's POV

*

I stared at the flower vase.

Over the days I'd spent here, I already knew the leafy patterns printed on it by heart. My eyes traced the red line, moving over the thin line till it got to the spot where the blue thick petal began. My eyes moved over each curve, each line.

My dad heaved a deep sigh beside me.

I didn't look at him. I couldn't look at him. I didn't want to look at another person I loved with so much fondness, so death wouldn't feel it was time to snatch him as well.

My left eye twitched as I shuddered in fear at the thought.

No.

I didn't deserve to look at anyone anymore. Was it my eyes? Or was it just my heart that was filled with love for them? What exactly did death usually notice before snatching them all from me?

"I know you're hurting my princess, and everything will eventually be alright. I called Diego and spoke to him. He told me everything. I'll put an end to this madness, my sweet angel." He gently patted my head but I just sat rigid there as my heart began to thump wildly in my chest.
The words were screaming to be let out.

'No!' I wanted to scream. I didn't want him to bring Diego into this. It was hard enough to let him go till I figured out what the hell was wrong with me.

I. needed. deliverance. Yes. Diego believed in God and even though I felt like there was no life in me anymore and all that surrounded me was grief, and my chest was currently hurting so much, I shut my eyes tightly and sighed softly.

'Dear God, hi. Thank you for...life. For the privilege of life. I've been in pain for a very long time now that I practically live with it. It hurt so much to carry such heavy burden around. Diego believes in you unconditionally and he said you have answered his prayers each time and come through for him over and over again. I need you. My body hurts. I haven't stopped bleeding. I can't move around on my own. I killed my own child. I've disappointed Diego, the man I love the most on this earth. My family is grieving the loss of I and Diego's child. I feel I'm not even worth all the love he has shown me all these months. Please make it all better. Heal me. Heal Diego. If it's your will, bring us together again. I love him so much but I don't know how to rid of the darkness. It follows me around. Thank you for answered prayers. In Jesus name I've prayed."

I sighed as I ended the prayer, wanting to come back to myself and at least feel something. I knew I was lost. I desperately wanted to be found.

I pressed my lips together and saw Diego. Smiling at me. Pecking my forehead. Kissing me. Smacking my butt playfully. Tackling me on the couch while raining kisses on my face. Tickling me till I laughed so hard I might pass out. Murmuring to me that I was his world. Telling me he loves me.

He loves me. I know what it feels like to be loved.

Then I felt it.

It crashed into me like a hurricane would crash into a town.

Emotions.

Gratitude. But gratitude quickly faded and was replaced by harsher emotions. Pain. Anger. self-resentment.

So much pain, so much heartbreak, rejection, disappointment at myself and at my lack of maturity. I should've spoken to Diego instead of making the rash decision to take a trip back here. We would've found out about our baby in another way, in a gentle and personal way.