Chapter 17

Word count: 2124

My shout-out goes to Kenya, Malawi and Holland❤️❤️

Diego's POV

*

"What's going on?" I asked as I stepped foot inside the room. The girls were in an intense discussion because I could sense the heaviness in the air and also, Adrian was sniffing. She was backing me from the angle she sat but I could tell somehow that she had been crying. Again.

Moving in, dropped my little pack on Kara's table and eyed Adrian as she hurried into the ensuite and out of my view.

What was wrong with her? She'd been sending me flirty messages barely two hours ago, acting naughty and I was enjoying it even though it distracted me at the office. And even though I shouldn't entertain her flirts because we're 'just friends'.

"Kara." I pecked Kara's forehead and frowned, looking around Kara's beautifully decorated room as if this was the first time I would be here. "What happened?"

I didn't like seeing Adrian in that state. What will I do with you, Adrian?

"She got a bit emotional." Kara sniffed and dug into the polythene bag, picking a wrap of chocolate and hastily unwrapping it before tossing it whole into her mouth.

She moaned, making me quirk a confused brow.

"Then why were you crying?" I asked her. She didn't look all that emotional anymore and she was now moaning to the sight of chocolate.

Girls...

"I am emotional when she is. She's my best friend after all."

I nodded. Kara understood Adrian the most. I was eager to get to that stage too, where I would even know what she was thinking or what she wanted to say when we're conversing.

I tapped my knee in impatience, already eager to see her. To talk to her.

"Can I go in to uh...see her?" I asked Kara, who looked at me with incredulous eyes.

"In my ensuite?" Her tone bid no argument.

"Fine. When she gets out. Where's mom anyway? She's not downstairs."

"She went to see a friend. He sells honey." Kara smiled. Her beautiful smile prompted mine and I wondered if my mom had a crush. Her husband died a few years back and she was still in her late forties. She could as well get together with someone.

"Crush?" I raised a brow and smiled at the thought of my mom making out with someone. I quickly struck it out, feeling ridiculous and weird at the image of it.

"No. Haha, not!" Kara sputtered.

We both chuckled and silence befell us once more. I couldn't take the silence any longer. I needed to see my baby this instance.

"Adrian?" I got up and moved further into Kara's large room, and towards the ensuite. "I'm coming in."

"What happened to waiting for her to come out?" Kara asked but I ignored her and went in without knocking.

My lips parted as I saw Adrian sitting on the toilet seat with her elbows resting on her knees and her head in her palms. She was sniffing every two seconds.

"Adrian?"

She looked up and sniffed. Then scrambled to her feet and started fiddling with her fingers. She looked like a little shy girl, my little girl. So cute.

"How are you?" I asked gently and wondered if I should move closer to her. You never know how a girl's mind works sometimes. Though, Adrian had never told me to give her space or leave her alone.