Chapter 20

Word count: 3021

Adrian's POV

*

After our second to the last exam, Diego came to pick me up at school while Kara left us to meet up with Stephano since they had an event to attend. There was no need for me to follow her back since Stephano had already hired a make-up artist who'd always show up whenever Kara needed to go out with him and her dress had been prepared. Another beautiful, floor length red dress.

Her boyfriend loved getting her red dresses and he'd always order them himself. He had a thing with seeing Kara in red. Funny how a billionaire with lots of responsibilities would take his time to go through dresses and chose one suitable for his girlfriend. How sweet.

I eyed Diego, feeling giddy as I watched Kara's car drive into the distance.

"How was your day?" I asked as we drove away from school and towards the main road.

"Same old same. Sandy is actually dating Mr Branch from the finance department. Just as I predicted. You owe me fifty bucks." Diego stated cockily.

"Oh em gee, shut up. You don't mean it?!" I questioned, surprised. I wasn't supposed to know all these but my boyfriend happened to be a busy body. We'd made a bet on the goody-two-shoes Sandy who Diego noted always acted extra shy whenever they were having staff meetings.

I didn't know how he figured this out but as earlier concluded, Diego was quite the busybody. Also, people at his workplace kind of liked him enough to be friends with him even though some of them were enemies of themselves so he usually got information about several workers from other co-workers. No wonder he was always busy. His extra time was spent gossiping about others!

"I mean it babe. You can guess who told me. It was Jane."

"Jane the office slut? Oh, sorry. We agreed she's not a slut even though she sleeps around." I frowned.

I'd never met Jane but I could describe everything about her. That was also thanks to my boyfriend who loved being such a busy body. Jane was a junior staff but she'd sucked as many lollipops as one could suck in a company full of men to earn more than twice her normal monthly salary. By lollipops, I'm sure you know shat that meant. And Jane also loved giving her preys at the office pleasure, if that meant they'd pay her handsomely in return.

"I hope she didn't try anything on you after that day you told her off?" I scowled.

"Nope. She doesn't tell secrets to the guys she's sleeping with like she does with me, don't worry. Besides, my soon-to-be brother in-law and the owner of the company, Stephano Alfonsi has his eyes on me. I know that without doubt so I won't be stupid to lose my high paying job by sleeping with her. Our friendship is worth it though, since I get to receive information about what's going on everywhere."

"Better." I huffed. "Let's stop at the mall, we need to get some things."

Diego drove towards The Bagh Mall. It was close to his place where he was staying at Bagheria, Sicily.

"Richard liked the gift you got his baby. His wife also sent her greetings." Diego told me while driving into the park.

"Awnn that's cute. Did you tell them we picked them out together?" I clapped my hands together with a beam, picking my purse afterwards as Diego parked properly.

"Of course I did. His wife wouldn't stop thanking you. She said it was thoughtful of you to think of buying those clothes. Especially the baby pink and grey beanies. Not gonna lie, they looked really good in the pictures she sent. I'll show you when we get home."

"I'm happy she loved them all." My smile brightened as we stepped out of the car. I'd ordered some clothes for Richard's baby and had them delivered to his workplace in mine and Diego's name. Since Richard was Diego's friend, I thought, why not surprise him? Also Richard and his wife were such a nice couple.