Chapter 6

Word count: 2068

My shout out goes to Uganda and Switzerland

*

I stared at the girl with the pale complexion, obvious eye bags from her recent lack of sleep and her honey brown eyes. Her lips were pouted, and she was staring back at me with so much story in her eyes.

Stories that she couldn't tell the world without being branded as an attention seeker, a cheat and a bad image to the society.

Heaving a sigh, the girl shrugged at me and raised her brows.

"This is real life and no one cares that much. But you'll be fine, just like you've been all these years." She told me with her intense gaze in the mirror staring back at me.

"Don't I know it?" I replied my reflection in the six inch mirror frame. I looked down at myself and knew it was time to go out and caressed my stomach.

I really wasn't ready to go out and have fun, but yesterday had been really good. Especially because I'd been with Diego and I couldn't deny that he'd made me forget. Albeit for a while, still I didn't think of the many problems I had when we were at the center.

Maybe I needed that distraction, but if it continued that way, it would slam right back in my face the day I realized that I couldn't keep on relying on the comfort I got from Diego. Or even from anyone, as a matter of fact.

"Adrie?" Kara called from outside. We were going to be sharing a room here at the cottage we were staying while Diego would equally share a room with Stephano.

Diego still wasn't here but then I shouldn't be keeping tabs on him or whatever.

"Yeah, coming." I replied Kara and gave myself an encouraging smile before leaving the bathroom.

"Where's Stephano?"

"He's outside waiting for us."

I nodded. What about Diego? I wanted to ask but bit my lower lip just in time to refrain myself.

"And Diego is on his way. He asked of you and said I should tell you not to miss him too much." She giggled at me as we fell into the same pace.

Ugh, the jerk. My cheeks inflamed for only a few seconds and I wondered why he would think I would even miss him but that didn't stop my heart from fluttering like a stuttering mess.

I rolled my eyes despite myself and we went to join Stephano, who quickly placed an arm around Kara while we exchanged hi and heys.

"How are you doing Adrian?" Stephano made for conversation. He'd been more attentive since the Lucas's incident and I didn't really like it because I knew he was this way just because of Kara's doting nature. She was definitely rubbing off on him.

It felt like I was a pity case and I didn't like that but I shrugged nonetheless.

"I'm doing very well, Stephano. You? Hope you had a restful night?" I wiggled my eyebrows teasingly at him and he chuckled. Kara was quick to dig her face into his chest to hug him shyly and that made him let out a small laughter.

"I had a good night's rest Adrian, thank you for asking."

I smirked. They'd probably thought I was sleeping when Stephano came in to call Kara during the night and lured her out with a promise to get her chocolates.

We both knew Kara would have followed him out there, chocolate or not. Whenever Stephano was in the picture, she usually became a lovestruck puppy.

Stephano cleared his throat. "So Kara, are you ready for resumption?"