Chapter 51

Word count: 4220

Heavily unedited. Pardon mistakes 😘😘

The wedding. I'm screaming!!! 😱 😱 😱

Adrian's POV

*

The bridal tune played on as I walked into the church.

Taking a deep breath, I tilted my head and walked past each pew and up the aisle with two men by my side. One was Diego's father while the other person was Adrien Houston, my dad.

Mr Matthews had been discharged after the chemotherapy treatment almost two months ago and then he'd spent a month recuperating properly at home. With our help, he'd had a meeting with Natalia, my soon to be mother-in-law and Kara.

Natalia had made him know she had long forgiven him for the assault but that she never wanted to have anything to do with him, something Diego's dad was more than grateful for.

Kara didn't have much to say because she never knew him, she only said she hoped he would have a good recovery before leaving us there and going to work. Now as he walked me to the altar where the love of my life was waiting, I caught the excited gleam in the grey eyes which were identical to that of his son. 

The hall was filled up, filled with family, friends and business associates. Some I knew, some I didn't. Kara's in-laws had all showed up along with some classmates from our university. I wanted the wedding to be held in this church, the first church I attended a Sunday service with Kara when we were in our sophomore year.

It should've been held in New York but my whole life which I could relate to a hundred percent, was here in Italy. The place I'd made genuine friends, memories, built a family.

Lucas's brothers and their girlfriends had also attended. When they told me they'd be attending after I casually invited them, I was surprised.

Then they told me they were glad I finally moved on because they'd been worried I would never. Lucas held a special place in my heart but Diego was now my whole world. And I was glad I had healed from all the hurt.

For some weird reason, I caught a glimpse of Daniel at the front pew as I walked forward. He winked at me and I chuckled in response though I knew he couldn't hear me. Or even see my reaction, due to the veil covering my face.

At the foot of the stairs, my dad stopped us and Mr Matthews took that as his cue to walk to his seat.

"Adrian, I can't believe I'm seeing this day. I promised your mom I would take care of you but now I have to hand over some of that responsibility to another man." He chuckled. "Though I'm a bit skeptical because you'll no longer come to me for everything you need, I trust your love towards him to know I'm making the right decision. I am so proud of you and of this moment. Your mom would also be proud of you wherever she is. You're still my baby girl and I will continue to be your big man. Forever. Okay?" His eyes gleamed with unshed tears and I blinked so I wouldn't start crying.

I loved my dad to the moon and back. He'd always been there. Always.

"Thank you daddy. I know you'll always be there. I love you." My grip on his hand tightened.

He pecked my forehead and exhaled loudly as he faced Diego who was observing our exchange.

I walked up to Diego as my dad let my hand go, letting my soon to be husband help me up along with Ruby, my cousin who was also my bridesmaid. She went back to join the remaining ladies in wardrobe while I took my position just in front of Diego.

"You look so handsome." I murmured to him through my veil as I stared at him. His blonde hair was neatly combed backwards, his jaw pronounced.

His grey eyes were scrutinizing. He liked what he was seeing and I knew that look in his eyes. He was wearing black three piece suit and new pair of Italian shoes. He looked so handsome it made my eyes hurt.