[Three Shots] The Rooftop Madness (Part 3)

I know, I know. This is not the battle royale you guys were expected but I can't just leave this hanging, so I apologies for the inconveniences.

Next chapter, we will get back to the main focus of this fic.

-oOo-

"Why did you came?"

Disbelief, shock and surprise were displayed clearly on her face. It was quite a... blend, I got to say. However the thing that caught my attention in an instance was the slight spark of hope rekindles deep within her eyes.

It was so small, yet... so enchanting for some reason.

Ignoring the stares, surprised gawk and murmur of disbelief from the other occupants of this place, I briskly walked toward Karuizawa frozen figure and lifted her from the under of her armpit.

"Pfft- w-why did he lifted her as if she was a little child!?" Ike burst out laughing at the comical sight before him and the others watcher.

And as snickers and giggles came from every direction inside the room, Karuizawa looked at Ayanokouji with stare so blank not even your brain could even match it.

Her clothes were obviously soaked and drenched in cold water. How in this green earth she could stand on the ledge and not slipping right away was beyond me, but at least I was glad since it seems like I came at the perfect moment.

"You're cold, here." My blazer swiftly came undone and wrapped around her. "I'm sorry, I'm late."

If they hadn't seen how cruel and heartless Ayanokouji can become, the girls would have fallen right there and now from the cliche romantic trope he just pulled out in real life(?).

But now... Now... Well, let's just say their heart skipped a beat, especially those who had a feelings for him before, or still had. They felt nothing but envy for Karuizawa.

"Why…why did you come, you bastard?" She repeated the sentence again, with an unexpected addition of profanity in it.

Did something happens?

"What do you mean, 'why'? I made a promise, didn't I? I promised that I would save you."

Shock plastered on her face, before she frowned in

Again. If only he was not a cold and heartless monster in human skin... Sighs...

I actually would try anything as long as my own freedom won't endangered in the first place. Something about her... It's just...

Reminded me so much about her.

"Her?"

As far as I know, the only person who could understand me in this school is none other than Karuizawa Kei. We both had a horrible past that no one should ever experience. We both knows the feelings of hopelessness, despair, acceptance to our fate and then emptiness.

We both shared the desire to achieve freedom.

That sense of understanding and connection between us has awakened some odd... feelings of possessiveness in me.