Suzuki

Quite a short chapter. Kinda get busy lately and my writing rate was gong too slow.

Hopefully, I can get the next chapter faster. For now, enjoy.

-oOo-

"Hey, hey, Kiyotaka, are you excited for this?"

A high-pitched, childish voice called for my name and broke my momentary respite.

The students and teachers alike raised their head and stared at the black screen that slowly lit alive. Most of them took a deep breath and prepare their mind for the worse.

I opened my eyes, finding myself being greeted by something that I have been trying to familiarize.

Certainly, after living in research facility for the entirety of my life until now, such greenery and lack of white was quite a breath of fresh air for me. Everything looked more alive and less bland, it was exciting and refreshing for this curious soul of mine.

A few hollow laughs escaped several lips of the viewers, especially those who are particularly close to the brown-haired teen. How could someone be astonished by something as trivial as tree and forest? How... Just...

It was too painful to think about. No one deserves this kind of horrible life. Absolutely no one.

However, I simply tore my gaze away from my surroundings. As much as I found it to be a wonderful thing, I decided that answering my friend's question was much more important.

"Friend?" 'Friend?'

Sakayanagi wondered aloud while a certain little devil asked internally. Since when did Ayanokouji Kiyotaka ever have a friend, a one that live in his past at that.

"I'm not quite sure, Suzuki."

Looking to my side, there was a figure of a girl climbing unto a boulder with a bright grin on her face.

"Ahh, brighten up, Kiyotaka! We could finally achieve what we always had wanted!" I silently watched as she managed to reach the top of the giant rock and turning at me with a wider smile, "Freedom, Kiyotaka! Freedooommm!"

However, unlike her usual smile, the bright morning sunray from behind her back gave the smile a more genuine light.

"Suzuki...? Who is that?"

Suzuya Suzuki, or simply known as the No. 13 by the White Room, was a girl with bright and overly cheerful personality. Although she did only shows this much of cheerfulness when she was sure the staff were not looking.

 Although she did only shows this much of cheerfulness when she was sure the staff were not looking