Chapter 8

RUBY

TW: Domestic abuse

"Cheska, show me what you have."

"Gian has been spotted with Reese Tiu a month before his break up with Ruby at Xylo. These are the photos I gathered." sabi ni Cheska, yung in charge sa pag come up ng ideas for damage control, habang nakaslideshow yung presentation niya.

We're currently having a meeting right now because as my name started to make noise internationally because of my issue with Chris Evans, the management of Gian decided to take it as an opportunity to release a statement saying that Gian and I broke our relationship off because I cheated on him.

This meeting was also actually so sudden, I had no time to put make up on my neck to cover up the marks when my ex-boyfriend used to strangle me.

I always wear turtle necks whenever I don't have enough time to put make up all over it but since Kiefer was already waiting outside for me, I just grabbed a scarf.

The goal of this meeting was actually supposed to be lessening the damage of my reputation and just say the truth that I was drunk. But because Kiefer got mad, he suggested we should give them ten fold damage back.

"Let's say Ruby found out about this thing Gian had with Reese Tiu so she decided to slowly detach herself from him that's why her break up with him didn't affect her as much anymore because she fell out of love as days went by from when she found out about his affair. She was already moving on while they were still together."

Nakatitig lang ako sa lamesa habang patuloy silang nagsasalita. I can easily destroy his image by saying the real reason behind our break up though. That reason will also put him in jail.

"Bingo!" maligayang sabi ni Kiefer sabay palakpak.

Pero di ko alam bakit ako natatakot.

"Ruby to earth?" Keifer snapped his fingers repeatedly right in front of my face.

"Ayos ka lang? Di mo ba nagustuhan?" tanong ni Cheska. Nilingon ko siya.

"That won't work. Come up with another idea."

"Huh? Bakit? What's the flaw?" napakunot yung ulo ni Kiefer.

Ang init naman. Hindi pa pala napalitan yung sirang aircon dito.

Tumayo ako at naglakad palapit sa wall window. Tinanggal ko muna yung scarf ko.

"I was there at the party as well. Ako yung nag-utos kay Gian na kunin si Reese sa loob at isabay na namin pauwi because she was wasted and tons of videos of her drunk dancing were being uploaded online. Nakita ko sa twitter. Nasa sasakyan na rin ako naghihintay when those pictures of them were taken."

Hinarap ko sila.

"Ruby what the fuck happened to your neck?"

Oh shit.

[A/N] Will upload next chapter after watching Extraordinary Attorney Woo :)