chapter 002- movie night

a few hours later all kids including eddie and robin were at steve's house, ready to watch a movie. max, lucas and el sat on the couch, will, mike and robin sat on the floor so eddie and steve had to sit on the smaller couch together.

when the movie finished, everyone except eddie and steve were asleep. 'hey, um, do you wanna go to my room? we could listen to some music' steve says to eddie and the long-haired boy replies 'sure'.

they talk about music and eddie is shocked that steve didn't know who black sabbath is. he quickly goes to his car and grabs a mixtape with black sabbath's songs. 'here, i'll show you what black sabbath is' eddie says while putting a cassette into the cassette player.

they listen to some songs and steve is pretty amazed by them. 'they're actually good' steve says and eddie laughs. 'yeah well this is real music' he says and then they finish listening to the mixtape. 'do you have some more cassettes?' eddie asks the younger boy, 'yeah they're in there' steve says while pointing at the cabinet. eddie goes over and looks through them stopping at one. he picks it up and turns to look at steve holding up the cassette.

'you listen to kate bush?' he asks with a small laugh, 'oh it's just my mum's old cassette' steve replies, 'yeah, sure' munson says and steve blushes slightly. blushes? when did he start to care about eddie's opinion? what is wrong with him? steve quickly brushes those thoughts away when eddie turns around cheerfully.

'you have some queen albums in here! you actually listen to good music!' the long-haired boy says with a smile picking up the 'sheer heart attack' cassette.

after listening to queen's album, the boys decide to watch another movie. halfway through the film they get bored and eddie speaks up 'you know dustin would never shut up about how nice and caring you are?' he says with a laugh. 'really? he never shuts up about how cool and funny you are' steve replies with a smile.

'he really admires you, harrington' the older boy says. 'that's great to hear, but i am getting more and more annoyed when he talks about your campaigns and all that dnd shit' harrington says and looks at eddie who laughs.

'we should spend more time together, you're a completely different person than i thought and i mean it in a good way', the long-haired boy says and looks at steve. 'yeah, you're a completely different person too. you're really nice and cool, you don't seem like a freak' the other boy says. eddie laughs and says 'i've never thought that steve 'the hair' harrington would tell me this many complements'. steve rolls his eyes and smiles.

when the movie finishes eddie feels really tired. he yawns and steve looks over at him 'tired?', he asks. 'yeah' munson replies and sits up. 'i'll just go to the others' he says and is about to walk out of the room when steve speaks up 'no, you can stay here if you want to'. eddie turns around.

'really?' he asks and the other boy nods saying 'yeah'. munson walks over to the bed and lays down next to steve. 'goodnight' he says closing his eyes, 'goodnight, munson' steve replies closing his eyes as well.

after that night the boys started to hang out at least twice a week. they often went to steve's place or the family video during steve's break, sometimes they even spent time in eddie's trailer.