chapter 003- blushing

it's been two weeks since the movie night and eddie and steve got along pretty well. today they planned to go to the cinema to watch a horror movie, even though steve hates horror movies. they met up 2 hours before the film to eat something. they went to a pizza place and then headed to the cinema.

the movie scared the shit out of steve but he tried his best not to scream. when a sudden jump scare comes on, steve jumps and grabs eddie's hand. he looks at the older boy and moves his hand away. 'sorry' steve says and turns back to the screen. 'it's okay' eddie replies with a smile.

'you can hold it if you want' the long-haired boy says and steve turns to look at him. he smiles and carefully takes eddie's hand. 'thanks' steve says and looks back at the screen. eddie looks at him again, he smiles and blushes. blushes? he was blushing while looking at the steve harrington? what was wrong with him?

after walking out of the cinema eddie thinks about what happened and suggests, 'hey, um, do you wanna come round my house? my uncle isn't at home tonight so we would be alone. if you want of course'. the younger boy looks at his friend and smiles 'yeah why not'.

after arriving at eddie's trailer, they go to his room and steve sits down on the floor. eddie grabs his guitar and sits on his bed. 'steve?' he asks and the other boy looks at him 'yeah?' he says. 'i kind of wanted to show you something i learned' the boy with the guitar responds. 'okay go ahead' steve says.

eddie stands up and starts playing the guitar solo from 'bohemian rhapsody'. steve watches him with a smile. he was impressed by eddie's guitar skills. he watched as his fingers move around while playing. when the long-haired boy finishes, he claps for him. 'that was really good!' steve says and eddie blushes slightly, 'thanks' he replies.

'i saw you had some queen cassettes, so i thought i could learn something from their songs' eddie says with a shy smile, 'really? all because of me?' steve responds with a shocked expression. 'yeah' munson replies looking away with a blush. steve felt some kind of special. he didn't think that eddie would do something because of him.

'anyway, do you have some idea of what we could do?' eddie asks after placing his guitar in its place. 'hmm, we could just sit and talk' harrington replies and sits next to eddie on his bed. 'what about?' munson asks. 'whatever you want' steve says and looks at eddie.

he looks back at him and thinks for a moment. 'i know this might be a bit too personal so you don't have to answer, but are you and robin, like, together?' eddie asks and steve immediately replies. ''no no no, we're not. i mean i could be with her but it's just her personal preferences'. eddie felt some kind of better after hearing this. was he jealous? did steve make him jealous?

he brushes those thoughts away when steve asks 'do you have anyone at the moment?'. eddie looks at steve and replies 'nah, i'm single'. steve nods and looks away with relief. he felt relieved? when did eddie munson being single make him relieved? why did he think this way?

he is pulled away from his thoughts when eddie asks, 'how many children are you friends with?'. steve laughs and replies 'a lot' and the long-haired boy laughs with him. 'so you're a mom in this little group?' munson asks 'you could call it that' harrington replies and they keep on talking about some everyday things.

at 10 PM steve gets up and says 'i should probably get going, it's pretty late'. eddie looks at him and wants to pull him back. 'you can stay here for the night if you want' he then says, not wanting steve to go. 'really? am i not bothering you?' the younger boy asks and his friend almost immediately replies 'no! of course not! honestly, i want you to stay'.

then eddie thinks why would you say that? "i want you to stay" oh my god he probably thinks you're a freak or something. 'okay then, i'll stay' steve says and sits next to eddie.

'i'm really tired' harrington says after another 30 minutes of talking with eddie. 'that's okay, we can go to sleep now' eddie replies. 'i'll take the floor' musnon says getting up. 'no i can sleep on the floor. it's your bed' the other boy says and gets up. 'well if it's okay with you, we could share the bed' eddie says nervously.

nervously? since when is he nervous around people? especially steve harrington. 'uh okay, it's fine with me' steve replies and lays down next to eddie.

munson looks at steve, 'is it okay if i would take my shirt off? it's just really hot in here' he asks. 'yeah, it's fine. i think i'll do it too' steve says. eddie takes his shirt off and steve does the same. when harrington looks at eddie he finds himself staring at him.

he was snapped back to reality by eddie laying down and saying 'goodnight'. 'uh, yeah, goodnight' he replies and can't stop blushing. he was staring at eddie musnon?