chapter 005- helping

when eddie and steve come back to eddie's trailer, they quickly go to the bathroom. eddie sits steve down on a chair and goes to get the first aid kit. he grabs some bandages and something to clean up the wounds. 'okay it's gonna hurt a little bit, you can hold onto my hand' munson says and steve grabs his hand. then eddie carefully touches steve's cheek with a wet wipe. steve groans in pain and squishes eddie's hand.

'i know it hurts, just one more wound' eddie says after cleaning up the wounds around steve's face. he then puts bandages around steve's arms.

'does it hurt?' steve asks touching eddie's cheek. 'don't worry about it, look at yourself' eddie responds with a small laugh. after finishing up with all the cleaning and bandaging, eddie grabs some clean clothes for steve.

as steve is about to put a clean shirt on, eddie looks at his stomach. 'oh my god, what have they done to you!' eddie says with a shocked face.

steve's whole stomach was covered in bruises and scars. eddie quickly grabs some more wipes and bandages. he cleans up the dry blood and then a fresh cut. steve is screaming from the pain and all eddie can do is reassure him that everything will be okay. in the end, eddie puts some bandages around the other boy's stomach.

when everything is done, steve goes to eddie's bedroom to rest for a bit. 'i think you should stay here for some time, it's not looking very good' eddie says sitting next to him on the bed. 'thanks for helping me' steve says and eddie smiles. 'of course, i wouldn't leave you there alone' he replies and steve smiles back to him. 'you should lay down to rest' munson says and steve does as he was told to.

after a couple of hours, steve wakes up and feels the pain coming back. 'eddie!' he yells and eddie comes running to him. 'you okay? what happened?' eddie asks worriedly, 'everything's okay, i wanted to ask if you have some painkillers?' steve says and eddie quickly goes to the other room.

he comes back with a glass of water and painkillers. he gives them to steve and he swallows them. 'thank you for everything, eddie' steve says and eddie replies 'i'm glad to help'.

'you should stay here, it's still hurting a lot' eddie says, 'i don't want to be a burden, i'll be fine' steve says trying to get up but eddie pulls him back. 'you could never be a burden, and you should be careful with this' the long-haired boy says.

'i'll leave so you can rest more' eddie says and walks out of the room. he feels really bad for steve.

after an hour eddie comes to steve to offer him something to eat but he is still asleep. eddie quietly sits next to him on the bed and brushes some hair from his face. he lifts his shirt and glances at his bandaged stomach. he sighs and stands up to leave the room when he hears a tired voice call his name.

'eddie?' steve says and the other boy turns around. 'hey, i didn't mean to wake you up. i'm leaving, don't worry' munson says grabbing the door handle. 'no, don't leave. can you stay here with me?' steve asks and eddie looks at him, coming closer to him. 'yeah of course' musnon says and sits next to steve.