Prologue- chapter I: I FALL ASLEEP AT WORK

Art is by my friend

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Art is by my friend

Sigh.
When is my shift going to end?? I check the time before groaning in annoyance. 30 more minutes, great.
At this point I was starting to get drowsy. I like to sleep okay? And lately I wasn't getting much..

I fought hard to keep my eyes open..but the cash register suddenly became much more comfortable..
My breath evened out as my eyes closed.

I heard the bell ring.

Oh come on, I really don't want to deal with another drunk man right now.. just leave me alone and let me sleep!

I didn't open my eyes, I'll just wait until they're ready to pay, thank you very much.

A few minutes go by but no one walked up to pay.
Strange.
I finally opened my eyes to see what's going on.

Once I did, I saw a guy in a blue and brown striped hoodie walking to the exit.

"Ehm-ehm" i coughed to get his attention.
He turned around slightly to look at me. He was wearing a medical mask on his face (as he should be) and had brown eyes.

"Are you going to pay?" I asked with annoyance in my voice

He walked up to the cash register silently, payed and quickly left.

What a strange guy. Oh well, it's finally time to go home!

I quickly gathered my things, and walked back home.

I was living with my parents but i was saving money to buy myself a new apartment. Which was why I worked at at this sad excuse of a convenience store.
I've been working there ever since I turned 18, since I couldn't find a better job.
Maybe I shouldn't have dropped out of college..oh well it's too late to think about it now.

A month flew by quickly. The man came every night 10 minutes before the end of my shift. Every time.
Was he expecting 50% off just because he came here every day or something??

Well he never really said anything, literally, he was always silent.. Though a couple neck cracks and other weird sounds could be heard.
Maybe he was mute?Meh, it's none of my business anyway..

Another day flew by like always. Stripey (that's what i now called him) came again. He took our cheapest chips, payed with some very crinkled money, and left. Like always.

I gathered my stuff and made my way home... Or not

"Hey you!" A unfortunately familiar voice yelled

Oh no..

I turned my head to stare at the dark figure.

"When are you planning to pay your debt?!"

I sighed, and kept walking.
Stay quiet.

"Hey I'm talking to you, boy!" The voice yelled after me while I continued to ignore him.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder which roughly turned me around to face a man in his early 30's, with dirty blond hair tied up in a tiny ponytail.
"Look kid, just give me the money and we can go our separate ways" The figure said.
"I'm pretty sure I still have time till next week.." I trailed off, keeping my poker face.

OH CRAP I FORGOT I FORGOT I FORGOT

"A week already passed idiot! Not to mention you were given a whole month!"
"Look dude, I really don't have any money to give, I mean, have you seen were I work? You think they pay me good enough?" I knew I didn't have a good point but I was hoping to buy some time.
"DO I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT TO YOU?!"
The man raised his voice, making me annoyed.
"Hmm~ yeah, pretty much" I smirked

I'm dead.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"I said, you look like an idiot. What are you deaf or just stupid?"

So very dead. Why would I even say that?!

The man let out a battle cry before punching me in the nose

My eyes watered.Ow ow ow ow ow ow it's okay, it's alright, you've got this, keep a straight face, don't let him know it hurt.

After that came another punch and another, and another..
Soon, just as I got the chance I kneed him in the stomach and ran, not looking back once. As I turned the corner my eyes met with familiar brown ones.

• • • • • • • • •

A/n: hellooooo everyone please forgive me for any grammar mistakes :') I'm trying my best,kinda nervous about uploading this but here goes nothing ^_^
Btw updates might be slow so I apologize for that in advance!
Anyway, have a nice day or night

-Author <3

Hehe hey, I was editing this, and I just realized how horribly written this chapter is, and I honestly don't know how to rewrite this.. but the next chapters are definitely better :))