Prologue- chapter I: I FALL ASLEEP AT WORK

Art is by my friend

Art is by my friend

Sigh.
When is my shift going to end?? I check the time before groaning in annoyance. 30 more minutes, great.
At this point I was starting to get drowsy. I like to sleep okay? And lately I wasn't getting much..

I fought hard to keep my eyes open..but the cash register suddenly became much more comfortable..
My breath evened out as my eyes closed.

I heard the bell ring.

Oh come on, I really don't want to deal with another drunk man right now.. just leave me alone and let me sleep!

I didn't open my eyes, I'll just wait until they're ready to pay, thank you very much.

A few minutes go by but no one walked up to pay.
Strange.
I finally opened my eyes to see what's going on.

Once I did, I saw a guy in a blue and brown striped hoodie walking to the exit.

"Ehm-ehm" i coughed to get his attention.
He turned around slightly to look at me. He was wearing a medical mask on his face (as he should be) and had brown eyes.

"Are you going to pay?" I asked with annoyance in my voice

He walked up to the cash register silently, payed and quickly left.

What a strange guy. Oh well, it's finally time to go home!

I quickly gathered my things, and walked back home.

I was living with my parents but i was saving money to buy myself a new apartment. Which was why I worked at at this sad excuse of a convenience store.
I've been working there ever since I turned 18, since I couldn't find a better job.
Maybe I shouldn't have dropped out of college..oh well it's too late to think about it now.

A month flew by quickly. The man came every night 10 minutes before the end of my shift. Every time.
Was he expecting 50% off just because he came here every day or something??

Well he never really said anything, literally, he was always silent.. Though a couple neck cracks and other weird sounds could be heard.
Maybe he was mute?Meh, it's none of my business anyway..

Another day flew by like always. Stripey (that's what i now called him) came again. He took our cheapest chips, payed with some very crinkled money, and left. Like always.

I gathered my stuff and made my way home... Or not

"Hey you!" A unfortunately familiar voice yelled

Oh no..

I turned my head to stare at the dark figure.

"When are you planning to pay your debt?!"

I sighed, and kept walking.
Stay quiet.

"Hey I'm talking to you, boy!" The voice yelled after me while I continued to ignore him.
Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder which roughly turned me around to face a man in his early 30's, with dirty blond hair tied up in a tiny ponytail.
"Look kid, just give me the money and we can go our separate ways" The figure said.
"I'm pretty sure I still have time till next week.." I trailed off, keeping my poker face.

OH CRAP I FORGOT I FORGOT I FORGOT

"A week already passed idiot! Not to mention you were given a whole month!"
"Look dude, I really don't have any money to give, I mean, have you seen were I work? You think they pay me good enough?" I knew I didn't have a good point but I was hoping to buy some time.
"DO I LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT TO YOU?!"
The man raised his voice, making me annoyed.
"Hmm~ yeah, pretty much" I smirked

I'm dead.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"I said, you look like an idiot. What are you deaf or just stupid?"

So very dead. Why would I even say that?!

The man let out a battle cry before punching me in the nose

My eyes watered.Ow ow ow ow ow ow it's okay, it's alright, you've got this, keep a straight face, don't let him know it hurt.

After that came another punch and another, and another..
Soon, just as I got the chance I kneed him in the stomach and ran, not looking back once. As I turned the corner my eyes met with familiar brown ones.

• • • • • • • • •

A/n: hellooooo everyone please forgive me for any grammar mistakes :') I'm trying my best,kinda nervous about uploading this but here goes nothing ^_^
Btw updates might be slow so I apologize for that in advance!
Anyway, have a nice day or night

-Author <3

Hehe hey, I was editing this, and I just realized how horribly written this chapter is, and I honestly don't know how to rewrite this.. but the next chapters are definitely better :))