chapter III: I FELL TWICE, HOW EMBARRASSING..

The hatchet started braking down the door. I got my shit together and stood up on the toilet seat to reach the window.

Come on please, please! This is not a good time to be 5'8.. my hand reached the window handle and finally the window opened.
Yes!
I climbed on the windowsill.

The door breaking became louder.

Quick quick quick quick.
I squeezed my way through the tiny window.
Just as I jumped out, the door bust upen revealing Stripey.
I ran as fast as I could, as far as I could, just to get away from that store..

But no matter how hard I try I'm still no athlete, my pace slowed and soon enough I collapsed to the ground, trying to catch my breath.

There wasn't anyone outside to help me. And the police station was way too far from here.
Oh god, I hope he isn't chasing after me.. I really need a break..
Ughhhhhh. This run will last me a lifetime. That is if have much time to live at all..
I lifted my head up and saw a figure..
Oh shit. Get up get up get up.This is what I get for not going to the gym..
I somehow managed to stand up. The figure appeared to be a man walking his dog. He looked at me weirdly but that didn't stop me from approaching him.
"Hey! Please you have to help me! There's a murderer chasing after me! Plea-"
"Woah, don't touch me dude! I'm gonna call the police on you."
What?!
"Geez.. so many drunk people out these days.." I heard him mumble while walking away.
Drunk?! Why would he-?? Ugh fine, I should go home and tell my parents, at least they'll believe me.
When I tell you I have never been so paranoid in my life, I MEAN IT. I walked down my street, scared that he would pop out of the corner and murder me.
Finally I got to my apartment, looked around (just checkin') and unlocked the door.
I look like mess..My clothes were covered in mud and my face was probably too. I stepped in and....tripped.
A loud thump rang out as my body hit the floor.
"Will?" My mom peeked her head out of the bedroom door and then approached me. I stood up and hugged her.
"Oh goodness gracious, what in the world happened to you?!" I was shaking.
"Mom! Quick call the police! There was a murder at work, and the-"
"What?! What are you saying Will?! Are you feeling okay?" She put her hand on my forehead
"Wha- yes! That's not the po-"
"Hm..not a fever.. you're just tired sweetheart, go get yourself cleaned up, I am not going to do the laundry for you this time."
"Mom listen! This is serious, you have to call the police!"
"No you listen to me! you're probably just tired, and so am I. Let's continue this in the morning." She walked away and closed the door, leaving me alone.
Why won't anyone believe me?! What am I going to do now?? I should probably call my boss.. I took out my phone from my pocket, and my gaze was met with an incoming call..from my boss..
Looks like I'm in trouble..
"Hel-hello?"
"Hello William?"
"Uh, yes mister Kennedy..?"
"Sofie just called and said the door has been broken down.. Any explanations?"
"Yes of course! I was just about to call you about that, sir.. you see there was robber, threatening me, but than another guy came and THREW AN AXE INTO HIS HEAD! And then he chased me to the bathroom I broke down the door with the axe, but I managed-" tears were dripping down my cheeks.
"Wait, wait, slow down William, you're saying that the store was robbed, but the robber was killed?"
"Yes!"
"Lynch, are you even hearing yourself right now?! Besides Sofie did not mention a body or any blood."
"What?! But mister Kennedy, I swea-"
"Listen William, there is no proof of anything that you say happened, you have to pay for the damaged door."
"But Mister Kennedy I-"
"Get some sleep Lynch, good night." He fucking hung up.
I just sat there, staring at my phone, shocked. I wiped my tears away.

I don't understand.. How- what- but - how could- why- I-...
I'm so confused.. Maybe I am just tired.. but I saw the murder with my own eyes! But then why didn't Sofie find the body?! Maybe he got rid of it? But he couldn't do it so fast..My mind was racing. If you think about it, I haven't been getting enough sleep the past few days.. so maybe I just fell asleep and it was a dream..but that doesn't explain How-
"WILL! I SAID GO TO SLEEP"
Right, I'm still in the hallway..I probably should finally get some sleep.

That night I didn't get a wink of sleep.