chapter VII: BLANK MIND

He continued his speech.
"Besides, even if you call the police I'll kill you before they arrive." He randomly banged his fists on the glass, scaring me even more.

"I'll tell you more, if you suddenly go missi-missing, no one will care."

No.. someone will care.. my parents will care! .. right..?

"I'm actually surprised you didn't get out if this  hellhole, or even called the police, though I can see why you didn't, no one believes poor little William." He sniggered.

How does he knows my name?! how does he know I didn't call the police?! how does he know that no one believed me?!

He's been watching me.

If he's been watching watching me, then he probably knows where I live.

Fuck, what do I do?! Our little chat won't go on long. Sooner or later he'll kill me. Come on, Will, think! How do I get out of here?

My eyes wandered around the store.

If I run to the bathroom, I won't be fast enough, he'll just break the glass and kill me if I make any sudden movements. If only I could somehow get people's attention to come here..so there would be somewhat of a crowd, so he wouldn't be able to kill me.

The fire alarm.

I could just press the fire alarm button! Surely someone would come. But...how do I press it..? It's not that far from me, but I'm scared to do anything..
I just need to get his attention off me somehow..

Gathering my thoughts, I answered him.
"Why won't you just leave me alone?! I don't have any proof against you and I'm sure you know that, so why can't you just let me be?!"
I sounded so dumb and pathetic, but I needed time, I needed a chance.

"You know what? Maybe I will."

What..?
My eyes widened
"But remember, this was- this was your choice, you still haven't met him..."

Him?! Who?! What?! He's just gonna let me go like that?! There's gotta be a catch.

After those words I started uncontrollably coughing. I couldn't even breath. Then I blacked out.

I woke up to a knocking sound. I sat up and looked around, I was laying on the floor right in front of the glass door, behind which was standing a man, probably in his late 40's. When he saw that I'm awake he started knocking even louder.

Why can't he just open the door?
And what happened..? Why am I on the floor? I can't remember anything..

"Kid! Open the door." The man yelled from behind the door.

I stood up, trying to regain my balance, and wiggled the door knob.

That's strange, I don't remember locking the door..

I took the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the it.

The man walked in and stared me.

"U-uh very sorry sir.. I-"
"Now is that the way you should treat yourself? Look at yourself! You look tired." He cut me off.
What, is he like a doctor or something?
"Oh, don't worry about me sir! I just fell asleep is all, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.."
"I don't mean to pry in someone else's business but, I think you need some rest. Especially given the fact that you fell asleep on floor." Great.. is he going to buy something or did he just come here to lecture me??
"No no, really, I'm fine! Thank you for the advice though!" I tried smiling but it probably looked more like a weird grimace.
"You know, maybe I should call your boss, I understand that you may have financial problems but you should definitely take more care of yourself."
"Wha- no no! I'm sure there's no need for that! This will never happen again, I promise!"
"But what if it does? This is a 24 hour store after all, and I'm sure you need the rest. Now please, give me your boss' number."
It's probably pointless arguing with him..what a weird guy, why does he even care?
Whatever, I guess I can give him Mr Kennedy's number, it's not like he'll actually do anything.

"Of course sir.."