Epilogue- chapter XXIX: ONE FINAL DECISION

Somewhere deep in the forest stood an old, smoldering house. It looked abandoned and deserted, with dusty boards and broken windows.

The surroundings were quiet and calm, the faint sounds of leaves and branches that rustled in the light breeze could be heard.

It seems that no one lived there for a long time and the place remained forgotten in the depths of the forest. But someone might still be hiding out there - whoever they were, no one knew.

The sun was just beginning to rise above the horizon, and the only sounds that could be heard were the rustle of trees, the singing of birds, and the quiet murmurs of a stream somewhere nearby.

Despite the desertedness and abandonment of the house, it still retained its ancient charm. The walls were painted a dark beige, which went well with the foliage of the nearby trees. And although the windows were broken, they were still covered with curtains.. or boarded up.

A few birds were sitting on a tree and it seemed that they were also observing the old house. They didn't fly around this house, as if they understood that it was better not to go there.

There were plenty of places to hide and be alone around, and this abandoned house seemed like the perfect place to hide from the world.

A click sounded in one of the rooms of this house. The door opened. A figure appeared from behind the door. It was a man in a blue and brown striped hoodie and fairly old jeans. He stopped at the entrance of the room. His eyes were golden in the light falling on him through the cracks in the boards.

A guy with messy brown hair lay on the floor, completely lifeless and motionless, like a doll with no strings. His face was contorted in pain, his eyes remained open, staring straight up at the ceiling. Near the body lay a bloody piece of glass. There was a deep wound on his neck that extended from ear to ear. The blood that had already flowed from the wound left a bloody puddle on the floor. His brown hoodie was also stained. His hands were clenched into fists, and in one of them a newspaper was tightly clenched.

Tobias stood at the door. He was shocked, but his surprised expression quickly changed. The once deafening silence was replaced by malicious laughter. Maniacal, uncontrollable laughter. Tobias regained his composure. A sinister smile appeared on his face.

"I didn't think you'd have the guts to do this, William."