chapter IXX: MAPS AND SPIDERS

By ItsHimiko_Toga

•         •        •       •       •      •       •      •       •

• • • • • • • • •

"Will, you alive in there? I called for you three times. Dinner's ready."

"I must've not heard you."

"You know, you've been oddly distant from us lately.."

"Is it so bad that I want to be alone for a bit?"

A taller figure appeared from behind my mom.

"Don't be rude to your mother. You're not even doing anything! Always sitting in your room."

"Maybe because your son is clinically insane? Right, sorry, don't want to seem rude or anything." Of course, can't say anything rude to my dear parents after all.

"William Lynch-"

"Look, I'm really not in the mood today. I'm not hungry. I'll eat dinner a bit later, okay?"

was that rude? I don't know..

After my dad gave me a dirty, disapproving look, my parents went back to the kitchen. Supposedly talking about my horrible behavior on the way there. Whatever, it's not like I care anyway. Why should I? They don't seem to care about me. God, I sound like an angsty teenager.

Tomorrow is a big day too. Don't think that my parents are going to get in my way though. They'll be at work, besides, they won't give a shit to where I go. Not that I'm complaining. It's for my benefit anyway. But on the other side.. ugh! Sometimes I don't understand myself. It's like there are two different people inside me. Every time I think about anything, it's like I'm arguing with myself. And then forget something. Is that normal? Well it sure is overwhelming.. I'm just tired.. tired of making decisions, tired of lying to Shay, tired of everything.

Wait, isn't this the second time I'm thinking about this? Third? I don't even know anymore. My thoughts are becoming so confusing. Am I going crazy? Wouldn't be surprised at this point.

It's getting harder and harder to maintain a normal conversation with Shay. She's probably noticed my crappy state by now. When I don't answer her questions, or ignore her altogether, it's pretty obvious that something's wrong. I'm not doing it on purpose! It's just hard to concentrate on her words when all I could think about are bad scenarios that could happen any moment. Stalking her became a routine too. Though I really wanted to tell her everything, I couldn't. I mean, what am I supposed to say?

'Hey Shay, by the way, you're kinda in danger because of me, or rather my friend Tobias, yeah he's kinda a maniac psycho and everything. Anyways, I'm really worried for you so I'm also stalking you! So why don't you just stay home and never go outside?'

Yeah, no. I don't want to be sent into a mental hospital. I don't even have any proof to show her. Yet tomorrow is the day I'll have to tell her everything..There's no way she'll believe me! If I were her, I'd already be suspicious. I literally called her to go to a forest. That is incredibly suspicious. And to think that I joked about kidnapping not too long ago..