chapter XXVI: I'M A COLD-BLOODED PSYCHO KILLER NOW...?

Seriously?! How could he even notice that?
Okay.. I assumed my plan wouldn't work, so I'll use another one. I can't just stop now.

"What do you need the lid for? Do you think I didn't notice?"

My pulse quickened and my body went numb. I held the lid in my hands uncertainly. My doubts plagued me. Am I so unsure of myself that I'm shaking..?

"Hm? Are you going to attack me with that little worthless piece of iron? You must be joking. What a comedian." He chuckled. "You won't succeed, you can't escape. Of course you can try, but you still won't be able to-" I did not hesitate, I could not make any mistakes at such a moment.

I pounced on him, injuring his throat. Taking him by surprise, I pushed Tobias with whatever force I had and started running away straight towards the exit. I didn't see what happened to him, but I can say for sure that I hurt him. I'm even a little surprised that I was able to. Actually, this wound could even kill him.. But knowing him..ugh. I didn't even hear a scream from him.

My head hurt. I must find a way out here, and quickly. Come on, where is the damn door??

"Oh, you little bastard! You wanna die?!"

I ran down the corridor without even looking around. My heart was pounding, my adrenaline was surging to the fullest.
The corridor seemed to never end. Clouds of dust rose from my heavy steps, the creak of the old, shabby floor was disturbing. it seemed that I would now fall into deep darkness.

The door was already around the corner.

"You know I can't let you go just like that."

Is he still in the room?
The door handle was dusty, Pulling once, the door did not budge. What do I do?? There are no windows anywhere .. and I don't see another door..

Literally everything that I had planned collapsed right before my eyes, my whole plan. I need to get my shit together.

Okay, the door looks fragile, maybe I can break through it?
I started kicking the door frantically, but my body was too weak. My body ached like hell from all the sudden movements.
Time seemed to have stopped while I was trying to find a way out of this unforeseen situation.

Soft footsteps sounded behind me. I knew he was here. Removing his hand from his bloody neck, Tobias, in a fit of forcing anger, grabbed my throat with a sharp movement, squeezing it in his dirty, bloodstained hands. Blood was gushing down his neck, but he didn't seem to care.

"Where do you think you're going? Criminals shouldn't be going out like that.."

His expression returned to its former state of insane joy.
How can he act like that while bleeding out??
I didn't understand what he's talking about. Is it like from pain shock or is it just his weirdass?

Because of Tobias's strong grip, I couldn't even murmur anything. Did he intend to kill me? Well, of course, I really pissed him off.

"Oh right, you don't know. Damn, how could I forget, huh. You don't know that you're a cold-blooded killer."

What? What does he even mean by that? I swear..
He laughed out loud when he saw my puzzled look.

"I'm already shaking with fear, being in the same room with you"

He said in a playful way, taunting me. "Everyone thinks you're the one who killed your pretty little girlfriend."

What..? But...but Shay can't be dead! I saw her run away! She's alive, I know it! She can't be..no! No, no, no. She's not dead!