Chapter Ten

She had told me she was going to the bathroom, that it would only be a couple of minutes. She ended up being gone for a little over fifteen minutes now; what the fuck could Mel possibly be doing that's taking her so long? Usually I'd wait for her and not question it when she comes back, or else she'd get upset with me, but not tonight. I've had enough of her bullshit for the day and, though part of the reason I went looking for her was general concern for her well being, another was a part that was telling me something was wrong, that she was up to no good. So, maybe I should have been mildly mentally prepared for what I walked in on, but no one can ever be fully prepared for that.  

Lauren had been walking around campus looking for Melody for about five minutes before she finally found her. Melody was in her room, on the bed, with a naked Chad towering over her; Lauren looked at the scene in mostly shock then immediate sadness as she tried to fight the tears in her eyes. There was no way I was going to let her see me cry, let her see how much she hurt me because for her that will convey the power she has over me and she'll use that. I know that, I know her, yet why did I still feel a tear fall down my face? Melody had pushed Chad off of her as soon as she saw Lauren walk in; she slowly approached Lauren with regret in her eyes while Chad laid on the bed with a smirk plastered in his face. Lauren would have punched him if she weren't overcome with sadness that made her body feel as if it were paralyzed from the scene it saw and caused a mix of emotions to erupt through her. "Baby," Melody said in a soft tone as she clung on to a bed sheet, "I'm s-so sorry."

Lauren looked at Melody, still paralyzed and not being able to respond to those words that she had heard several times come from that mouth; she felt as if her mind was at blank from disbelief just as her throat had formed a lump in it from despair. Melody saw that she wasn't going to get an immediate response then took a deep breath and continued, "You know it's not exactly what it looks like."

"Oh, so you weren't just fucking him?" Lauren gritted through her teeth, Melody's words finally fueled a force that prompted her to talk, anger.

Melody rolled her eyes, the signs of regret were getting dimmer as it seemingly begun to be replaced by annoyance. "You know that's not what I mean. We've been through this so many times, Lauren. I have needs-"

"Obviously, you just can't fuck her good enough," Chad commented, bored with conversation.

"Shut the fuck up, Chad! That's definitely not what I meant! Lauren, you know I love you and you have given me everything and you are more than enough for me. But sometimes, I have these needs, we've been through this baby, sometimes I just need a man. But that's just occasionally and we can make it past this, I promise I'll try and be better at being exclusive for you. I'm already getting better, my needs are coming less and less!" Melody enthusiastically said to Lauren yet another load of words that she had previously heard come from that mouth.

I fucking loved Melody, there was a time where she was my world. Where I would try and look past her indiscretions because I didn't want to lose her. But lately, I feel more like I am trapped with her, trapped in this relationship with a person that will never care for me as much as I care for them. Yes, I still love her but it feels as if its only half as much as I used to; for the first time, I was no longer blinded by my overwhelming love and that's what led me to make the seemingly rash decision that I made.

"It's over, we're over," Lauren sternly said to Melody, making sure to speak with clear definitiveness. Then looked at Chad to say, "There you go, now you can have her," before exiting the room, leaving a shocked Melody.

As Lauren made her way out of the building and to the outside main entrance area, all the memories of her and Melody's relationship flooded back to her, the good memories. A lot from when they first started going out, when Lauren would feel so lucky and accomplished for getting such a beautiful girl; tears were flooding from eyes now, that had been almost over a year ago, she had invested herself, her emotions, in this practically year long relationship, for it to end like this. With her walking in on that girl she once adored so much in bed with a man, letting him touch her, letting him touch what was suppose to be reserved for Lauren and Lauren only. Anger took over yet again, how could she be so stupid and naive to take this girl back? She had so much built up anger, mostly aimed towards herself, it was no wonder her body started to act on letting it out, apparently settling for taking it out on the nearby pole.