Chapter Twenty

A/N: This chapter includes my first attempt ever at writing smut (so warning I guess?), so it's not very good and I probs won't try it again haha.

Camila was so happy when the physical exam was moved to after break; that is, until it was actually after the break and she realized that now she literally has to start training. Maybe, she could convince Lauren to skip training today, I mean, it's only the first day of class since break, I'll get to training eventually.

"Don't give me that look," Lauren sternly said as she picked her apple up from her lunch tray, not even looking at Camila.

"What look?" Camila faux-dumbfoundedly said, continuing to give her best puppy dog eyes, "You're not even looking at me, how do you know what look I'm giving you."

Lauren playfully rolled her eyes, "You've been giving me the puppy eyes all day, I know you wanna get out of training, but it's not happening," Lauren took a plastic knife and attempted to cut her apple but somehow got her knife stuck in it, "It's better that we just go through the course now and by end of the month you'll blaze through it." She explained, not entirely concentrated on the conversation, more so concentrated on getting the damn knife out of the apple. She groaned in annoyance, having great difficulty pulling it out, with on last determined pull she finally got it out. "Ha!" She beamed in victory, holding the knife up as if she just pulled a magical sword out of a stone. Her victory was short lived when she made a move to cut it again, struggling to get the knife through yet again, and ended up just breaking the knife, never fully cutting the piece of her apple.

All three of the other girls at the table broke out into a fit of laughter as Lauren pouted at her broken knife. When it started to die down, Normani was the first to comment, "That's the type of stupid shit that only happens to you," she said whilst shaking her head, "Why were you even trying to cut it? Just bite into the stupid apple!"

Lauren furrowed her brows in disappointment, still wearing a pout, as she softly replied, "I was trying to cut a piece for Camz." She then angrily took the apple, going to pull on the piece that was halfway cut so it can finally break off; she flushed when she realized it only took a single light tug, having expected it to be much more difficult, she then bashfully handed the piece to Camila.

Camila bit her lip in a failed attempt to hide her smile, she wanted to be mad at Lauren for making her go through with training but how could she be when Lauren just clumsily made a whole process out of just cutting a piece of an apple for her? If she was ever not sure that they were meant for eachother, this just assured it for her. Camila gratefully accepted the apple piece, leaning up to place a kiss on Lauren's lightly pink cheek.

-

"Higher knees Maggot, C'mon," Lauren shouted at Camila as they were doing the tires obstacle alongside eachother, Camila was of course lagging behind Lauren.

Camila huffed as she tried to lift her legs higher, so afraid she was going to trip and fall face first on these tires. To her surprise, she ended up going faster when focused on lifting her legs higher, actually finishing it only a millisecond after Lauren did.

Lauren proudly smiled at Camila, Camila jumped into Lauren's arms, "That was so good, babe," Lauren said as she rubbed Camila's back.

"Since I did so good, can I be done for the day?" Camila looked up at Lauren with hopeful eyes.

Lauren chuckled as she shook her head, "Nope," she kissed Camila's nose causing her to scrunch it up. "You know it's very rare that we have the whole course to ourselves, especially with the exam after school. We should take advantage of it, let's do one more." Camila whined, getting out of Lauren's arms and turning away from her, but ultimately agreed because Lauren knew best. She started walking to the next obstacle in the course, figuring that's the one she'd attempt to master next. It was the dreaded crawling under the barbed wire one, how exciting.