Chapter Fifteen

The return of Melody, as dramatic as Normani anticipated it to be, was actually rather underwhelming. Neither Camila or Lauren had yet to see her in the last week, her schedule was altered as well as her room, probably purposely done to be kept away from them; so the week went on just as if nothing happened, Camila hoped that the rest of the year would be like that too, but something tells her Melody won't be laying low for very long.

It was now Friday and after school was the big field day event, Camila was actually very excited, she had helped Lauren prepare for it all week. By help she means all she really did was watch her workout and give her words of encouragement while she sat on her bed feasting on various snacks, occasionally she'd sit on Lauren's back while she did push ups. The first time she did, Lauren immediately collapsed to the ground causing them both to burst out in laughter; Lauren played it off saying it was just "unexpected" and that otherwise she would have been able to continue doing push ups with Camila on her back. It was like a mini challenge, whenever Lauren got to the pushup part of her workout, she encouraged Camila to sit on her back to see how much she could do and as the days when on, Lauren was able to do more and more.

"Well, I'm glad they at least set up chairs," Camila said to Ally as she sat in one of the chairs that was set up in the open field for students that were going to watch.

"Oh wow, look at that mountain," Ally said with wide eyes as she pointed to a rather tall inflatable cone like object that was center field, it looked like one of those inflatable rock climbing walls only it didn't have any 'rocks'. Camila and Ally were probably both thinking the same thing, how in the hell is anyone suppose to climb that, assuming that one of the obstacles was to climb it.

The players began to walk out the field, the teams having been announced this morning; Camila looked around as she asked Ally excitedly, "Where's Lauren? Do you see her?"

Ally giggled as she replied, "Calm down, she's right there," she pointed Lauren out amongst the crowd. Camila followed her finger until her eyes met Lauren, who was surprisingly staring back at her, both of them smiling at eachother. Camila mouthed 'Good Luck' to her and Lauren's smile grew, pressing her lips together tightly, she gave Camila a wink before huddling with her team. Camila then turned to Ally who was giving her a look with a raised eyebrow.

"What?" Camila asked as she blushed, her cheeks still crimson from the wink.

"Nothing," Ally said while smiling widely.

Within five minutes, everyone was told to be quiet as a general explained what they will be doing. Apparently there were various obstacles around the whole school that each team will have to go through, some challenged you mentally like puzzles and others physically like the mountain obstacle that was the final one of the course. The first team to complete it wins, with that being said he blew a whistle as both teams began running to the first obstacle which was on a totally different side of the school. After five minutes of just sitting there, blankly staring at the empty field, Camila whined, "Ally, you didn't mention that we wouldn't even actually be seeing them. What's the point of this if we only get to see the last obstacle?"

Ally laughed, "Well we could have followed them, but that would require running after them."

Camila nodded her head, good point, she wasn't in the mood for running. She was never in the mood for running. "We should at least go watch them do one other obstacle, I wanna see how their doing."

"And by they, you actually just mean Lauren," Ally teased.

Camila shook her head and unconvincingly said, "Nope, actually I'm rooting for Normani's team." Camila didn't know why apparently Lauren and Normani were almost never chosen to be on the same team, they'd for sure win but something tells her that those two love to be on different teams against eachother anyway. That's why part of her was actually rooting for Normani's team because she knew Lauren would be like a defeated, sad puppy. A sad puppy that would be in need of Camila's love and affection.