Chapter Seventeen

A knock was heard on Normani and Ally's door, Camila's heart raced as she commanded both of them to stay put, "Don't you dare open that, I'm not ready!" she shrieked.

Both of them sighed in annoyance, Normani then standing up and grabbing Camila by both sides, "You look great, Mila, now go casually answer the door."

Camila gulped, not believing that she quote on quote 'looked great', does she need more makeup? Does she have on too much makeup? Did she miss a piece of her hair when she straightened it? Is her outfit too dressy? All these questions running through her mind as she blankly stared at Normani, both of them hearing yet another knock. Normani sighed as she saw that Camila wasn't about to answer it and walked over to the door to answer it herself. "No, don't-" Camila pleaded, too late, Normani turned the doorknob, causing Camila to run away straight to the mini mirror on the dresser to anxiously look at herself.

"Sup bruh," Normani said casually to Lauren, who was just as nervous as Camila; they agreed to get ready in different rooms and then have Lauren pick her up to give it sort of an illusion that they were traditional high school students going on a date.

Lauren stepped into the room, immediately turning slightly to her right to meet eyes with Camila, "Hey, Camz," she said with a smile then got more timid as she gestured to the single rose she was holding, "For you."

Camila blushed as both Normani and Ally cooed, Ally's "Aww" coming out as more of a squeal as she was a sucker for romance, Normani on the other hand was more of a sarcastic coo to make fun of Lauren. Though, she did have to admit that she thought it was cute, she was glad to see her best friend infatuated by a girl that would take care of her, a girl that actually fully returned the feelings, maybe even more as Camila's crush on Lauren had been going strong for a while now.

"Thanks," Camila replied, as she skimmed her eyes to see what Lauren was wearing; the green eyed girl wore leather pants with a white button up shirt, her now signature leather jacket on top of it. Camila slightly laughed, noticing they practically had the same outfit only her white collared shirt was sleeveless and tucked into a black skirt, "We're almost matching," she said as an explanation to why she suddenly laughed, Lauren eased down, initially thinking she laughed because something was wrong with Lauren's outfit.

"Well, grea-"

Normani cut her off, "Don't say 'great minds think alike', then I will literally barf."

Lauren rolled her eyes at Normani, saying, "C'mon, lets get going," to Camila as she turned towards the door, holding her hand out behind her for Camila to take. Camila gladly took it as Lauren led her out the door.

-

The restaurant Lauren took Camila too was beautiful, Lauren knew how much Camila hated being out here in the rural part of the midwest and missed the city, so she took her into the small local town that had one tall building and on the very top floor was an elegant restaurant. The restaurant's windows basically encompassed the whole two walls of the large dining area, giving those who ate a beautiful view of the busy town below them and the twilight sky forming in the clear view horizon.

"Wow," Camila's breathy voice said as she looked around, she muttered, "This place is beautiful."

"I'm glad you'd like it," Lauren replied, with a prideful smile.

"Is it rude to ask how you can afford it?" Of course it is rude to ask that, why the hell did I just say that. Camila regretted asking what she thought was a stupid question but she couldn't help it; the place did have a sophisticated atmosphere, though she noted that the menu was purely comfort food, it wasn't maybe too costly to the average adult but definitely for a high school student.