Chapter Twenty-One

Camila thought she would wake up to Lauren's embrace, maybe her light snoring in her ear, but what she ended up being awoken to was a flashlight in her face. She squinted her eyes slightly open, trying to comprehend what was going on while being brought out of her sleep state. She realized it was a general, and that Lauren was standing up fully clothed beside the bed as the general moved his flashlight along her body; the blue morning light that beamed through the window, leaving only the room slightly dark, was an indication it was probably early in the morning. "Are you naked, Cadet?" he asked, his eyebrows raised in suspicion.

Camila was now fully awake, she was sure that having sex with a roommate was some kind of violation somewhere in the manual that she didn't entirely read, and was unsure of how to go about answering it. Luckily, she didn't have to think further, because Lauren, seeing Camila's small hesitance, quickly answered for her, "She sleeps in her underwear, Sir. It's very hot in here at night. I don't suppose that you'll demand she get out of bed in that attire?"

The general looked thoroughly unconvinced, probably because it was technically still winter and he had never come across a female that slept in her underwear. Nevertheless, he knew there was nothing else he could do because he couldn't demand she get out of bed when it was certain that she wasn't adequately dressed. It would look bad, inappropriate, on his part. "I'm not, but I don't appreciate the manner in which you just talked to me, Cadet. Remember, I am still your superior officer."

Lauren nodded, "Of course, Sir, I apologize."

"Alright, this inspection is clear," he said, Lauren did a salute which he nodded his head in return, then walked out.

When the door closed, Lauren released a breath that she wasn't even aware she was holding in, "That was so fucking close."

"What was that about?" Camila asked, looking at the time to read that it was barely five in the morning. This was the first time she had ever had a random inspection at five in the morning, and judging by the looks of it, it was Lauren's first time too.

"I have no idea," Lauren said, getting back into bed with Camila, "I woke up when I heard the sounds of the heavy boots in the hall and I just had a bad feeling so I quickly got changed and sure enough, he stopped in our room, and started asking me a million questions. It was so strange, usually just about every general respects me but he was interrogating me as if I was some newbie that couldn't be trusted."

"Well you were just having sex with your roommate a few hours ago," Camila jokingly pointed out, "Maybe you shouldn't be trusted."

Lauren shook her head, "It's not about that, Camz. They say random inspections are random and unbiased but that's not true. They only random inspection those that they are suspicious of, so that means they must think we're breaking the rules, which by the way, there was no mention of having sex with a roommate, this school doesn't really consider gay relationships in their big code of conduct."

"Well that's stupid, everyone here is gay," Camila replied, still trying to lighten up the mood, but in reality she was scared of what Lauren said. Why were they subject to a random inspection? "Do you think I was too loud?" Camila asked, completely serious, as she pondered about explanations for the inspection.

Lauren couldn't help the smile that broke out of her face, mostly in pride, "Well, that could be it, someone on our floor could have complained about the noise from last night and he came to check it out." She kissed the top of Camila head that was laying on her chest, "Let's not worry about it anymore babe, we still have an hour or so left to sleep."

So they went back to sleep, trying to rid of any further thought about the random inspection.

-

It wasn't until a few days after the random inspection that Camila and Lauren found out what was the cause of the it, or rather who.