Chapter Eighteen

-HI GUYS JUST LETTING YOU KNOW THIS CHAPTER HAS A TRIGGER WARNING FOR ABUSE (EMOTIONAL AND/OR PHYSICAL)-

Camila breathlessly moved her feet from pushup position to squat position and got up; who invented burpees? She thought this purely because she wanted to find that person and kill them. Lauren laughed as she handed Camila her water, "Babe, you only did ten," she watched Camia chug down the water, "If you wanna have good strength and stamina to complete that course, you need to be able to do at least 50 before getting that tired."

Camila practically choked on her water, "50?!" she coughed out making Lauren laugh again. She playfully hit Lauren arm, "Stop laughing at me! This is freakin' hard."

Lauren put her arm around her waist, "I know it is, come on I think that's enough for the day," she gestured towards the exit of the gym, letting Camila walk slightly in front of her, "I heard they might move the date of the physical exam to after break, they're trying a new curriculum this year. So, maybe we don't have to rush to get you in shape by Friday."

Friday was the last day of school before winter break, sometimes first year cadets have their physical exams on that day; Lauren hoped Camila wouldn't have hers because the two just realized that they hadn't really been training for it, so caught up in the being a newly official couple. Lauren would feel terrible if Camila ended up failing, she was sure that with some training, Camila could definitely pass. She just didn't know if they had enough time to get in that training as it was Sunday, so they had only four more days left to fit it all in.

When they arrived to the hall where their room was, Normani was standing in the hallway, talking to general; she dismissed herself quickly when she saw them making their way to their room. "Hey," she said, not so cheerfully, to both of them.

"What's up, Mani?" Lauren said as she opened the door letting both girls in before her.

"Uhm, I was wondering if I can talk to you Lo," Normani said, she seemed to be in some sort of distress; Camila furrowed her brows curiously, Normani quickly turned to her, "No offense, Mila, it's just-" Normani paused, not really knowing what to say, "I just need to tell Lauren something, that I think should be told one on one."

Lauren was about to protest, she didn't think there could be anything that Normani could say that would not be okay for Camila to hear; maybe, if it had to due with her family, it would confuse Camila, sure, but Lauren surely wouldn't want Camila to feel as if she was hiding something.

Camila nodded her head, "That's fine, I understand. I have to go shower anyway," she gathered her pajamas, as it was already evening.

"Camz you don-"

"Sshh," Camila put her finger on Lauren's mouth, "I think you can go a few minutes without me," she joked.

Lauren went to bite her finger which made Camila retreat it, giggling, Lauren pouted, "I don't think I can."

Normani slightly smiled at them, for the past week, the two really had been inseparable causing her to constantly have to witness these nauseating cute moments.

Camila smiled, "Well you're going to have to, sorry baby," she leaned in to give Lauren a sweet peck on the lips before turning to walk out, Lauren watched her leave with a silly grin on her face.

After the door closed, she finally turned to look at Normani, who sitting on her bed, prompting her to join. "So what's going on?" Lauren nervously asked, she had a very bad feeling about what Normani had to say.

Normani took a deep breath, trying to make sure she had a strong composure that way she could comfort Lauren after telling her the news she had.

-