Chapter 3: Brotherhood and Shadows: Part 1

Third Person POV

(Harlem: Day)

T'Zuri was in casual clothes and in his chair talking to his mother in his computer about the Shadow Council, "Mother, I am telling you, the Shadow Council is trying to overthrow you." T'Zuri said and Storm sighed "I believe you T'Zuri, but if I tell the people this-" Storm said and T'Zuri finished her sentence "The people will panic, I know...but just a warning, and I know this will not get me out of my exile." T'Zuri said and Storm smiled a bit "I love you, my son." Storm said and T'Zuri smiled and stood up "I love you too, mother...I must get going, I have school." T'Zuri said and Storm raised an eyebrow "School?" Storm said "Yes, I applied for a school here in New York, I want to experience what it's like for a...normal teenager." T'Zuri said and Storm chuckled "Fine by me, T'Zuri...just remember, it's not like Wakanda, people...are different." Storm said and T'Zuri chuckled "I figured that much, mother...I will talk to you soon." T'Zuri said and signed off, T'Zuri then picked up his backpack and a mask, he put it on and opened his window "I believe I will be late." T'Zuri said and jumped from walk to wall and landed on a car, the driver looked and T'Zuri chuckled nervously "Sorry! I did not mean to dent your car." T'Zuri said and continued jumping from car to car, he saw a subway and raised an eyebrow "Perhaps that will suffice." T'Zuri said and ran on a wall and landed on top of it, the people looked at him "Does this transportation go anywhere near Winchester High School?" T'Zuri said and they pointed at an passing subway, he smiled and waved "Thank you!" T'Zuri said and flipped onto the next one and it started going to the countryside of New York.

(Winchester High)

Scott Summers, Kurt Wagner and Evan Daniels also known as Spyke were walking into their class annoyed,

"Stupid Brotherhood of Evil, they caused me to forget about our project." Evan stated "I'm with you, they never give us a break." Scott said and they sat down at their desks, "Class, it seems we have a new student, I hope you will be respectable towards him, and as for the 'gifted' in our class...don't cause chaos." Mr. Stern said, Scott, Evan and Kurt all scoffed "Okay then, I suggest we welcome our new...T'Zuri, if I'm saying that right." Mr. Stern said and T'Zuri entered the classroom "You are, Mr. Stern...hello cousin." T'Zuri said and waved at Evan who was shocked "Hey...cuz." Evan said and everyone started whispering "They're cousins?" "Is he a mutant too?" "Great, another freak." "We already have enough." Mr Stern pointed to a desk "T'Zuri, that is your desk...hope you are comfortable." Mr. Stern said and T'Zuri nodded, he sat down and the class continued.

(Lunch)

Jean Grey, Kitty Pryde and Jubilee were walking outside into the lunch yard, "Did you guys hear? We have a new student." Kitty said "Who is it? So I can pity them for coming here." Jubilee said tiredly "Why would you need to pity me?" a voice said and Jubilee turned to see T'Zuri holding his lunch tray, "T'Zuri? You go here?" Jubilee asked "Yes...I want to experience being...normal." T'Zuri said and a guy knocked down his lunch tray "Welcome to Winchester, freak." the guy said chuckling, "Ahh, now I see the reason for pity." T'Zuri stated "Don't worry, you'll get used to it." Jean said and they sat down with the others, "So cuz, how's Auntie I?" Evan asked "My mother is okay...but we're still recovering from my father's death." T'Zuri said with a sad look "I heard, and I'm sorry man...Uncle T was cool." Evan said and T'Zuri chuckled "He was...and I hope to live up to the Black Panther legacy." T'Zuri said then with his enhance senses, he heard chatter from another table "What do we get for spying on the new kid?" a voice said and he turned to see a group on the far side talking to a hooded figure, "You will get paid, and not end up on the Council's list." a familiar voice said and T'Zuri sighed "Zanda..." T'Zuri said and Zanda left the table, T'Zuri felt a tap on his shoulder and he turned "You zoned out, are you okay?" Jubilee asked and T'Zuri leaned in close to the table, "I need the X-Men's help."