Chapter 16: Reconnection

Third Person POV

(Week Later: Harlem: T'Zuri's Apartment)

T'Zuri was meditating, and in a deep state, it showed as lightning sparked around him, the color varying from purple, yellow and white.

He then opened his eyes as they glowed white and sparked with lightning.

The lightning sparked around him started to spark more rapidly as he was being ascended to a higher plane.

(Dreamscape)

T'Zuri opened his eyes and saw he was back in the Dreamscape, wearing a white ceremonial robe as Bast appeared before him.

Bast: "You've managed to travel to my realm..unexpected. But then again, all Black Panthers have surprised me."

T'Zuri: "I traveled here? I thought you summoned me?"

Bast: "No...all you. But I was gonna summon you. And now that you're here, it is what you say "perfect timing" Yes?"

T'Zuri: "Indeed. What is your reason for wanting to see me?"

Bast: *sighs* "Your bloodline has watched over you and seen your actions...they are disappointed you didn't take the trials but...they are pleased to know the world still has the Black Panther. And with their arguments, I renounce your punishment."

She states then T'Zuri feels a slight pain in his head, he groans and looks at Bast, confused.

T'Zuri: "I don't feel any...wait, Aran and Solem...I can't hear them."

Bast: "Yes...your dual personalities are gone. But that does not excuse your actions. Now leave my plane, Exiled Prince."

She states and causes T'Zuri to black out of the Dreamscape.

(T'Zuri's Apartment)

T'Zuri opened his eyes, lightning stopped sparking as he got up, with a conflicted look on his face.

T'Zuri: "I will miss them...even if they drove me crazy."

He says then gets a knock on the door, he walks and opens up to see Evan.

T'Zuri: "Cousin, what a pleasant surprise."

Evan: "I was in the neighborhood, and thought I might stop by."

He states and Evan steps in and examines the apartment.

Evan: "Pretty nice...were you meditating?"

He asks, looking at the burning incenses and mat on the floor.

T'Zuri: "Yes, and something...happened."

He states and Evan was confused, T'Zuri was about to continue but then his phone went off.

"Dispatch, send any available units to Bowery, currently in a mass shootout with the Demons."

The line ends, and the two share a look.

Evan: "Team-up?"

He asks, scratching the back of his head.

T'Zuri: *chuckles* "Definitely."

(Bowery: Shootout)

The Demons, run by Mr. Negative were currently engaged in a shootout with the police, overwhelming them with their weapons fueled by energy.