9: Drive

Y/N POV:

I give my suitcase to my teacher who's putting everyone's stuff in the compartment in the bottom of the bus, then board and sit near the back with my backpack. I put it next to me so no one will sit there. I'm saving it for Chan. He comes and a minute later and I put my backpack by my feet, allowing him to sit next to me.

"Hi." He says, patting my head. I pretend to purr and he chuckles, sitting down right next to me. He also puts his backpack by his feet, and takes off his jacket.

We're going to the camp now. It's not like a 'you set up a tent' kind of camp, it's one with cabins, thankfully. It's a summer camp, but our school is just going for a few days overnight field trip, as I mentioned. Chan gets out his phone and earbuds, then plugs it in, giving me one side of the earbud. The teachers say something but we ignore it since it's probably the same old boring rules.

"What song?" Chan asks and I shrug.

"Surprise me." And with that, I lean my head on his shoulder and stuff my hands in my hoodie pocket. He puts his arm around me, which gives me butterflies just a bit. Yeah, yeah, the little things is what makes me happy. He starts to play one of my current favorites, Exo's Monster, just as the bus starts to leave the school bus loop. He remembers my current favorite song, even though I change it like every week. That's really sweet in my opinion. He's just being a kind best friend though, nothing more.

5 hours later

"They're just another girl group who won't get recognized globally, and shakes their booty-booties in every music video." I complain as we watch one of Blackpink's debut music videos. Boombayah is the one.

"Is someone jealous?" He chuckles, raising an eyebrow. Me? Jealous. Not in the same sentence.

"Never. You wanna see-"

"No please don't.. But I dunno about this one. They look like they'll get somewhere." Chan reasons with me. I sigh, knowing someone he'll probably be right. The bus slows down and eventually comes to a stop. Cool, we're finally here. I was actually enjoying the bus ride. We went past sone pretty sceneries on the way here.

*Just realized Rosé is in bp and they were watching a mv of bp uhh lets ignore that..?

Chan and I take our earbuds out and I hand my side back to him. He puts all his stuff that he had out back in his backpack, as I stuff my own phone in my pocket. "We're here! Make sure to get your bags. We willget the stuff you all have in the bus compartment to you at your cabin." Our teacher tells us. I put the Cheetos that I had out away and put my backpack on. Since Chan and I are at the back it'll be a while till we get out.

Eventually we do, and our whole grade gathers at the front of the camp. The teachers shush us and it grows quiet.

"Welcome to Camp Sun and Shine! We're so glad to have you all! To know what cabin you are staying in, please come to one of our counselors and tell them your name. Oh and I am Jung Wheein, the main counselor." The girl smiles and takes out a clipboard. Everyone goes to a counselor while Chan and I just wait till everyone gets out of our way. I take his hand so that we don't get separated, since there's a lot of other kids in our grade. There's a counselor close to the bus that doesn't have many people in her line. I tug Chan's hand and lead us to her.

"Hi, I'm Y/n Lee." I give the counselor a smile once it's my turn. She gives a sweet smile in return then takes a look at her clipboard, flipping to another page.

"Oh! Cabin eight. I'm going to be your counselor! My name's Solar." She looks up and give me another sweet smile. I nod.

"Nice to meet you, and thank you, too." I say and step to the side, letting Chan talk to Solar. I realize I'm still holding his hand and slowly let go. He's in cabin 25. I frown. "See you later, Solar!" We wave goodbye and start walking to our cabins.