Chapter 2

Wyatt pov

"He's back!" Willa announces as I walk towards the entrance on the den, "Wolves!" I give my hard hat to one of the other wolves and take off my disguise. A different wolf opens a box which contains my moonstone and puts it around my neck while another wolf draws the beta marks on my face. My moonstone glows a bright blue as my fangs reappear and my eyes turn gold before turning back to its normal colour.

"What did you find out?" my sister asks me.

"They saw you howling Willa," I respond.

"So?" she questions. Obviously not caring as much as I do.

"We're exposed," I say, holding up the poster that the zombie girl made. She laughs as she takes the poster from my hand.

"This looks nothing like us Wyatt," Willa remarks, "We have way better hair than that. Stop being such a worry wolf brother. I only said 'Awoo.' It's like saying 'ciao' or 'aloha' or 'I'll rip your throat out.' Anyways, who cares what they think. It's a terrible town." Wynter raises her eyebrows in agreeance with Willa.

"We have to find the Great Alpha," I tell her.

"If there even is a Great Alpha," she responds with an annoyed tone.

"Willa!" I exclaim, "We saw her in the forest, she had the white hair."

"It was probably just the light," Willa says interrupting me.

"She's real," I argue, "She has the scent of a wolf and she's going to lead us to the moonstone. You know we don't have that much time. More and more of our pack are getting sick. Our necklaces are almost out of power. We need to find the moonstone."

"And when we do, we can recharge our necklaces and stay wolf strong for another one hundred years," Wynter adds. I head other wolves around us agree with her statement.

"Okay," Willa starts, "Even if the girl is the Great Alpha, how do we find her?"

"I found this in the woods," I state holding out a Searbrook Highschool badge, "It belonged to the other girl who followed us deeper into the forest."

Wynter gasps, "We'll track her down with our keen sense of smell."

"It says Seabrook High on it," I explain, "So I thought we might just look there." As soon as I say this, Willa groans out loud and rolls her eyes before agreeing.

"We find the girl," she says, "and if she's the Great Alpha, she'll tell us where the moonstone is hidden." Willa gives me a look saying I'm going to pay for this later.

"We go in the morning," I announce to the pack. Ignoring the look she previously gave me.

"We go tonight!" Willa says, overruling my command. The rest of the wolves and I howl agreeing with her.

Willa
No one's catching me unless I wanna be caught
I'm dancing in the shadows, ain't no leash when I walk
It's great to feel invincible, it's great to feel alive
My appetite's insatiable, there's nowhere it can hide
Our freedom isn't up to them, it's only up to us
I'm the alpha, I'm the leader, I'm the one to trust
Together we do whatever it takes, we're in this pack for life

Wolves
Awoo
We're wolves, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, oh, we own the night
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!
The only thing that is worse than our bark's our bite
Oh, we own what we own, we own the night!