Chapter 19

Wanda pov

Zed, Eliza, along with the rest of our friends had come over to hangout and I guess partially comfort me. We all of a sudden hear knocking at the door, and Eliza stands up to go open it.

"What are you doing here?" Eliza asks, and I automatically know it's Willa.

"Can I talk to Wanda?" I hear Willa's voice ask. I sigh and stand up, walking to the door to face Willa.

"What do you want?" I question.

"Can we please talk," Willa asks.

"No," I respond.

"Please," she begs. Reluctantly I agree and walk outside, that way it's only the two of us and we have some privacy from the rest of the group.

"If you want to talk, talk," I tell her.

"Look," Willa starts, "I'm sorry. I really am. I love you so much. I went to talk to A-spen and ended whatever was going on between us. They told me to talk to you. Please, I'm sorry, you don't understand how much I love you."

"If you loved me, you would never have cheated on me."

"I know," Willa mumbles.

"You know we're mates right?" I ask her.

"What?" she questions.

"We're mates. Ever since you transferred some of your moonstone power to me and our necklaces connected, we've been mates."

"I didn't know that."

"Well now you do."

"Wanda, please, I'm sorry."

"And I don't want to hear it," I retort, "Just go back to A-spen." I turn around and start making my way back to the door to head inside.

Willa grabs my arm and stops me from going inside while saying, "I love you, even through everything that has happened. And I am happy that we are mates and I will love you for the rest of our lives. I promise." Part of me wants to forgive her, but at the same time I don't. I've never seen her like this before.

"Willa, it's going to take some time for everything to be fixed, or even for us just to be friends," I tell her. She slowly lets go of my arm and nods before turning around and leaving me at the door.

Summer went by really fast, and now we're about to head off to university soon. Throughout the course of the past two months, I forgave Willa, but we're only friends; nothing more, nothing less. Willa's told me multiple times that she wants to be more than friends, but I'm not sure about it yet. I just want to be careful. I'm excited to be going to university. Many of my friends are, except that I'm the only one from the wolf pack that decided to go. No one else wanted to. I'm still going to visit from time to time, I'm just not going to be there as often as I was before.

It's finally the last day before I leave to go to Mountain College along with Zed and Addison. Because I won't be seeing them as often anymore, I decided to hang out with the wolves.

"We're going to miss you," Wynter says.

"Yeah," Wyatt agrees, "Things are going to be different here without you."

"I'm sorry again for everything that happened," Willa says, taking my hand, "When you leave, I just want you to know that I still love you." Without another word, Willa starts to lean in until her lips are on mine. Stunned for the first few moments, I kind of just sit there, until I start to kiss her back. I missed this. Even through everything, I knew that Willa and I were supposed to be together.

When we pull apart I tell her, "I'm glad we did that before I went away." I look over to see Wynter and Wyatt sitting there like two happy pups. I roll my eyes at them before I give Willa another peck on the lips.

The next day, I gather up all of the things that I packed and say goodbye to the pack. Taking extra time to say bye to Willa, Wyatt and Wynter. After hugging the two, I walk over to Willa, knowing that this is going to be one of the hardest goodbyes, even though we will still see each other from time to time.

"Hey," I say, walking up to her.

"Hey," she replies.

"I'm going to miss you, you know."

"I'm going to miss you too. Are you sure you want to go? You could just stay here."

"You know I have to go Willa," I tell her.

"Just be safe okay?"

"I will. Don't worry about me. I love you."

"I love you too," she says. We kiss one more time, before I leave to start the new chapter of my life.

The first thing we do once we get to Mountain College is find our dorms. Addison and I are sharing while Zed is with some random person, the system assigned him with. We find our room and start unpacking right away. The room has two beds and two small cabinets for our stuff along with a desk for us to work at. Once we've finished unpacking, I lay on my bed and take out my phone and video call Willa.

"Hey, love," she greets, "How is it there?"

"It's really nice," I tell her, "Addison and I just finished unpacking." I flip the camera to show her what our room looks like.

"That's great," she says, "I miss you already."

"I miss you too. Don't worry though. I'll see you soon enough."

"I know."

"I got to go," I say.

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you too," I respond. I shut off my phone and lay back in my bed, knowing that everything is going to be okay.

A/n: Thanks guys for reading till the end. I apologize if the last two chapters felt really rushed and short. But thanks for sticking it out.