Chapter 16

Wanda pov

A couple days later, Willa, Wyatt, Wynter and I, and the rest of the usual group, are standing outside Zed's house in our pink gowns waiting for him to go to graduation.

"Well, well, well," he says walking out, "If it isn't our robot zombie valedictorian. So much for overthrowing the system." He's referring to Eliza, who couldn't make it to grad.

"I'm still gonna do that," she replies, "From the inside." 

Bonzo then says something in zombie tongue, to which Bree remarks, "Yeah, I remember being so scared of all of you when we first met."

"And we were afraid of them," Zed adds, motioning to us wolves.

"That fear went away when we got to know each other," Wyatt adds.

"All because of Addison," Wynter finishes.

"She was the first person to really see me," Zed tells us.

"And me," Bree adds.

"All of us," Willa says.

"Okay guys," I cut in, "That's enough with the sappy stuff. Don't cry now because we're going to end up crying later anyways."

Later that night, we are all standing together outside Seabrook high, one last time, holding our diplomas.

"It is gonna be awesome when we're all at college," Bree says, "Leaving Seabrook isn't the end. It's the beginning."

 Eliza sighs, "I miss Addison so much. I wish she could be here."

"Me too," I add.

"We were gonna change the world," Zed says. All of a sudden, we hear a whirring sound as a blue light beams from above. We all look up to see the mothership right above us. The next thing you know, Addison, A-li, A-spen, and A-lan are standing right in front of us. Oh great. They're back. 

"Addison!" we all exclaim.

"You came back!" Zed cheers, as he goes to give his girlfriend a kiss.

"You thought I was gonna let intergalactic space travel get in the way of graduating?" she asks rhetorically.

"What about Utopia?" Willa asks.

"Seabrook is our Utopia," A-lan replies. Even more great.

"But Seabrook isn't a perfect place," Bree inputs.

"It's not," A-spen agrees, "It's messy, emotional..."

"Full of surprises," Willa finishes for them, winking at them after she speaks. Seriously what is going on here. I try pushing the thoughts away because I don't want to be a downer, it's grad after all.

"Where change can happen," Addison says.

"Where someday can be today," Zed adds.

"Party!" Willa, Wyatt, Wynter and I yell simultaneously. With that we all start cheering and yelling as we run inside the building.

Addison
Oh, whoa-oh-oh, yeah
They used to tell us, "Don't be different"
"Don't you dare be strange"
But if you want a chance to change the world

Zed
You gotta dare to be the change

Addison
Now we're a mess of contradictions
Just starting to make sense
And the feeling talking over is so intense

Zed
Oh, everyone belongs here
We're glad to see your face
Home is what we got, yeah
It's the people, not the place

Zed and Addison
So come and be yourself
You're the only one who can

Everyone
We're better for it, give us more
It's how this all began, yeah
Now we got nothing but love for you
And everything you do
Nothing but love for you
And anybody coming through
Nothing but love for you
We know you got it for us too
Nothing but love for you
Love for you
Nothing but love
Nothing but love (oh-oh)
Nothing but love

Willa
We still own the night
And sharing it, that's new

A-spen
But the stars shine so much brighter
Now I'm sharing them with you

Um...what now?

Wanda
I can just be me
And you can be you too

Wolves
And if we ever disagree
We'll just do like zombies do (whoa!)

Everyone
Now we got nothing but love for you
And everything you do
Nothing but love for you
And your different point of view
Nothing but love for you
We know you got it for us too
Nothing but love for you
Love for you
Nothing but love
Nothing but love
Here we go
We been in it, we been through it
Got more work, not scared to do it
Sparks gonna fly when we take a hand
Not scared of what we don't understand
Here you're in demand, we're your biggest fans
Yo, anytime you play, yeah, we're in the stands
Come on down, bring it in for a hug
Yeah, we still got nothing but love
Now we got nothing but love for you
And everything you do
Nothing but love for you
And anybody coming through
Nothing but love for you
We know you got it for us too
Nothing but love for you
Love for you
Nothing but love
Nothing but love
We got nothing but love for you
And everything you do
Nothing but love for you
And anybody coming through
Nothing but love for you
We know you got it for us too
Nothing but love for you
Love for you
Nothing but love (nothing but love)
Nothing but love

The rest of the party continues throughout the night. People are hanging out, talking, getting to know more of the aliens. I make my way back to the wolf pack where we party out the rest of the night, ignoring everything that may be wrong.

Later on in the evening, everyone eventually goes home, meaning that we make our way back through the forest to the den. As we made our way back home, we were still coming off from the high of adrenaline from having just graduated. Eventually, after partying a little bit more in the middle of the den, we all made our way to our respective rooms, Willa and I heading to our shared one. I went to the washroom to change and get ready for bed, before coming out to sit on the bed to wait for Willa.

Later on when she came out she sat at the head of the bed, and I made my way over to her and made myself comfortable by sitting in the middle of her legs and leaning on her back. Her arms make their way around my stomach and hold me close to her. She passes me my book from the nightstand as she grabs her phone as we sit there together, enjoying each other's company. 

Around half an hour later of me reading my book while Willa combs through my hair, she stops and says, "If anyone ever tries to take you, tell them that you are mine, and only mine."

I turn my head to look at her before saying, "And you're mine. No one can ever take you away from me."

"Of course love," Willa responds. I move out of her lap to put my book on the nightstand before turning off the lights and crawling under the covers.

I snuggle up against her as I say, "Goodnight, Wils, I love you."

"Love you too," Willa says, as she kisses my forehead.

Sometime in the middle of the night, I wake up to feel a cold and empty bed. I turn over as I mumble Willa's name to see that she isn't there.

"Willa?" I try calling out. I get no response. Maybe she just had to go get a drink of water or something. I tell myself. I would look for her, but I'm too tired right now. If she still isn't back by tomorrow morning, I'm gathering a whole search squad.