Chapter 9

Wanda pov

It's the night of Prawn, but instead of getting ready to go, I'm currently at the wolf den helping Willa, Wyatt and Wynter take care of the wolves. Besides, even if I did want to go, I wouldn't be allowed to because I'm a 'monster.'

"Here. Take this," I say, handing a blanket to a were-pup. More and more of the pack have been getting sick quicker. There are coughs everywhere. The four of us can barely take care of the part of the pack that is too ill to move. What's going to happen when basically the whole pack becomes sick. All of a sudden, Zed appears out of nowhere, walking towards Willa, Wyatt and I.

"They were wrong to destroy Seabrook Power," Zed states, "and I was wrong about werewolves. You have every right to fight for who you are."

"And what are we now zombie?" Wyatt questions. His fierce tone no longer there, but replaced with a flat, weak one.

"You're fierce, proud werewolves," he tells us.

"Yes, well they think we're monsters." Willa retorts.

"We are monsters." The twins look at each other obviously getting his plan and what he's trying to say, but I don't.

"Okay, okay. You can leave now," I say, "This is all you're fault anyways."

"Yeah," he says, "But I'm trying to make it up to you guys now. Why can't you see that?"

"Because you hurt me!" I exclaim, "You hurt Addison. You hurt Willa. You hurt all the wolves." I start growling at him, and I go to lash out but before I can, another huge wave of pain comes in. I groan and try to lean on the wall for support, but I'm not standing near it, so I end up falling over onto the floor. Willa tries to catch me, but ultimately fails and just slows my fall.

"We will see you later Zed," Willa tells him. Wyatt grabs my hands as Willa rubs my back.

"Breathe," she tells me, "Just keep breathing. You're alright."

"It just keeps getting worse," I say quietly.

"I know," she mumbles, "But you're going to be okay. I promise you. Everything is going to be okay." She signals to Wyatt that he can continue helping out the other wolves and that she can take care of me.

She hugs me from where we are sitting and nuzzles her head into the crook of my neck before saying, "We're going to Prawn. That's what Zed was talking about."

"How?" I ask, "I thought it was an 'only humans' event."

"Breaking the rules."

"We have a whole pack to protect though."

"I think they'll be okay. We can leave some of the stronger wolves behind."

"But-"

"No," Willa says cutting me off, "You're coming to Prawn. With me."

"Fine," I say, reluctantly agreeing. She takes my hands and leads me to her room and pulls out one of her dresses before handing it to me.

"You can wear this one if you want," Willa says. I smile at her and nod before going into my own room to change.

We meet up with the zombies in Zombietown before we all head over to Seabrook High together. We walk closer and closer to the entrance and we get people doing double takes at us and looking at us confused, as to why we are there.

We almost make it to the exit when Bucky spots us and asks aloud, "What's that?" The Acey's turn around to see our whole group walking towards them.

"Zombies," Bucky says answering his own question.