Chapter 4

Wanda pov

I am currently sitting at a table in Zombietown with some of the wolves. We had just come back from the school library where Willa got some books on the history of Seabrook. I knew they were trying to find where the moonstone was hidden, from what I heard them talking about the other day, but they haven't specifically told me yet.

"Useless!" Willa exclaims, "none of these history books say where the moon-" She stops and catches herself before she fully reveals that they are looking for the moonstone. The wolves look around to see if anyone else heard her, then all eyes turn to me seeing that I'm the only outsider.

"What?" I ask lightly, "I know you're looking for the moonstone. Whatever that is." They all give me a weird look. "What?" I ask again, "I heard you guys talking about it the other day. You aren't as sneaky as you think you are." Willa rolls her eyes, but I see a small smile form on her face.

I hear some voices coming towards our direction and see Zed coming towards our direction along with Eliza and Zed's little sister Zoey. Oh gosh. He's trying to win their vote for the election. After the day they just had, this isn't going to go so well.

"Hello wolves," he greets, "and Wanda. Oh hey! You're white hair is out!" I stand up from the table and to stand beside him.

"Uh yeah," I start, "I decided maybe I should stop hiding and start accepting it. Besides, I'm not the only one anymore." I look towards the wolves to see Willa giving a warm smile.

"Anyways, allow me to introduce myself," he continues, "I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidential hopeful." He laughs awkwardly at the end as no one shakes his hand.

"When zombies first came to Seabrook we were outsider too," Eliza says talking for him, "Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you. We'd be honoured if you guys joined us."

"Our pack," Wynter starts standing up, "is our pack. We don't need anyone else."

"What about Wanda?" Eliza asks.

"Wanda's different," Willa defends. We make eye contact for a few seconds before Zoey starts talking breaking us out of our trance.

"Who doesn't want more friends," her innocent voice questions, "Underneath all that fluffy hair I bet you're a real softie."

"I am a mean mean werewolf kid," Wynter growls, "I am tough and rough-"

"Aw you said ruff, like a little puppy dog,"  Zoey gushes before proceeding to imitate a dog's bark.

"We are beasts of the forest and we will never be tamed," Wynter spits out. Zoey they reaches her hand out to scratch Wynter behind her ear.

"Oh boy, oh wow," Wynter sighs, "That's great."

"Sorry," she says. Quickly apologizing as soon as she sees Willa's hard glare. Zoey pulls her hand away from Wynter as Willa stands up.

"We're nothing like you zombies," Willa protests walking towards Zed and Eliza.

"Well you sort of are," Eliza begins, "You're necklace is powered right? Kind of like an organic version of our Z Bands."

"You're smarter than he looks," Willa compliments. Eliza gives her a smile in thanks while I snicker and Zed elbows me in the ribs giving me a look. I roll my eyes and elbow him back.

"You're necklaces keep you from fully wolfing out?" Zed questions. He tries to reach for her moonstone to touch it, but she smacks his hands away with a small growl.

"The opposite," Willa replies, her tone getting more annoyed by the second, "Our moonstones make us our true werewolf selves."

"So without it you'd be human?" Zed asks again.