Chapter 15

Wanda pov

The next day I'm back in my childhood house, standing in Addison's room, as I watch her pack her things.

"Do you have to leave?" I ask.

"You know I do," she responds.

"But what about me?"

"You will be fine, okay? You have your pack, mom and dad, and Willa. I'm leaving you in good hands."

"But what if I never see you again."

"You will. Don't worry about that. I'll be back before you even have time to miss me."

"I love you," I tell her, embracing her in a hug, "Stay safe."

"I will," Addison responds, hugging me back, "I love you too."

When we say our goodbyes, I leave the house and quickly wipe the few tears that fall before finding the wolves.

Willa, Wynter and I sit on the back of a pickup truck, looking up at the Mothership when Wyatt walks over to us.

"They're saying the alien ship is damaged. It might not survive the launch," he tells us.

"It's not totally our fault," Wynter puts out, "We just wanted to stop them from leaving."

"Well serves them right for lying to us," Willa says.

"We also lied when we first came here looking for the moonstone," he argues.

"Don't you get it? They are stealing from us. They're taking Addison," Willa says.

"She's choosing to go with them to save her people," Wyatt tells her.

"If you want to go leave with them Wyatt," I start, "You're welcome to."

"No," Willa exclaims, "Don't. I don't want you to go. I don't want Addison to go either."

"No matter how far away she goes, she'll always be apart of our pack Willa," Wyatt says, "Come on, I have an idea."

We walk towards the small groups of cheerleaders, Zed, Addison and the aliens as we start howling and Bonzo beeps the horn on the truck.

"My rage will not be contained! You will not stop us from getting to Utopia!" A-li warns us.

"Chill idiot," I tell her, "We're actually here to help. Unfortunately."

Wyatt nudges me in the ribs, "Play nice," he whispers.

"Play nice," I mock quietly.

"You can find an infinite power source to recharge our ship?" A-li questions.

"Wolves!" Willa commands, they remove the tarp from the back of the truck, "We'll let you borrow the moonstone," she tells the aliens.

"Thought you might need a jump start," Wynter adds.

"The moonstone is powerful, but it is harmful to our people," A-lan tells us.

"Not if you have an adapter," Robot Eliza says, "We just have to filter the moonstone power through our Z-Bands."

"You all would sacrifice to help us?" A-spen asks. Not willingly, I think to myself.

"Wolves always heave each other's back," Willa tells them, "and Addison's a part of our pack. Forever."

"Transport us up, Mothership," A-spen commands, "All of us." The next thing you know, all of us were suddenly in the ship, working frantically to connect the moonstone to their power source. The scene is chaotic, there's people running everywhere, and wires flowing in all directions. I'm sitting on the floor, trying to figure out how to connect some of the wire to the specific panels when I look up. To my surprise, I see Willa and A-spen working together. I originally think nothing of it and am about to get back to work when I see them flirting with each other. Not like in a speaking flirting kind of way, but with their eyes. And I know it. This alien cannot think that they can take my sister, then my girlfriend. I sigh before finishing up my area, and heading over to help Wyatt.