Forever waiting [Lisoo]

Lisa Pov
Fuck you and your pathetic business!" an elderly blond woman fumed, emptying the contents of her coffee cup.

"Have a nice evening" I called in the most pleasant voice I could muster as she disappeared into the darkness of the cold winter night.

Ignoring the progressively worsening white hot pain spreading all over my body with every inch the scalding liquid spread.

Being a barista is probably a job only a certain species of human could survive.

Long hours, unreasonable pay, annoying customers... I could go on and on about it.

To be honest I don't even know how I've managed to resist the urge to burst into the office and resign in the most dramatic way possible.

Before I could continue my in head rant, an attractive young woman stopped me in my tracts.

Ah, there it is.. the reason how I'm not in an insane asylum.

Her name is Jisoo I think? I'm not completely sure as my coward ass hasn't approached her.

I doubt she even looked in my direction during my stay in this hellhole.

I would've approached her if it wasn't for her disloyal personality.

I'm not exaggerating when I say she's with a different woman every night.

But the strangest thing is, the two would never exchanged a word.

Despite knowing about her despicable ways, my heart still flutters whenever her shadow darkens the footsteps of the front door.

Keeping these feelings can't be too good for me. Hence I've came up with a plan to confess tonight.

Afterall closure is the best way of getting over a crush... right?

"Can I help you?" a husky voice spoke.

I guess that works too.

"U-um yeah, I've been seeing you her quite often and would like to get to know you better, fancy a drink?" Real smooth, Lisa, real smooth.

This was far awkward than I could ever imagine in that pea sized organ of mine.

My gaze averted to the falling snow, trying to ignore the awkward air between us.

" S-so you're quite the catch aren't you, I've seen you with many friends" this my friends is how you ruin your first impression. Just Fucking.Great.

An unreadable expression flickered across her face as she takes a long swig out of her mug of hot cocoa.

Oh shiiit...

Just as I was contemplating telling her about my crush and get it over and done with her raspy voice cut through the awkwardness like scissors.

" My girlfriend, Rosé is a barista.. was actually.."

hol up-
Isn't she my deceased co-worker?

"She's extremely talented, so much so she created her very own coffee right before..."

The tears brimming her eyes increased with each word.

As if on command my arms snaked around her waist in an attempt to calm her.

As much as I feel bad for pressuring her to speak about an uncomfortable topic, the curiosity deep within is eating me alive.

Why. Just why must she leave me at such a cliffhanger??

Finally her crying stopped and she continued her tale.

" Her death shattered me. It was even the main cause of my most recent suicide attempt but you can see how successful I was" She sobbed, burying her head deeper into my embrace.

" I guess just coming here is my feeble attempt at trying to gain closer. or maybe even find a barista talented enough to recreate her coffee"

My mind was already buried miles deep in embarrassment before she could finish her tale.

I, Lalisa Manoban had prejudged someone, such a beautiful soul...

A burly man in a neat  blue uniform burst into the café, his eyes knit in confusion.

"Who were you talkin' to kiddo?" he questioned.

But when I glanced back, only an untouched mug of hot cocoa could be found on the table.