PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Third Person Point of View

Gianni is so excited to announce the good news that she is the Magna Cum Laude of their batch sa kursong Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. She was smiling from ear to ear. She hurriedly went upstairs to go to his dad's mini office.

Too bad, they will not be complete to celebrate the success because her mom died 2 years ago. She jumped from the third floor of their mansion. She was depressed for so many months because she lost her child.

She was going to have a brother, but it didn't work out because her mother had a miscarriage. She got depressed and got worse, until she chose to jump from the third floor.

The only witness to what happened was their housekeeper, Manang Rosita, who had been serving them for more than fifteen years. After a week, their maid also resigned so no one took care of her anymore. She lived almost alone. His daddy was busy because he planned to run for mayor of their town, and last year he was elected as the mayor. He has almost no time either.

Sometimes she wondered if he really loved her. She sighs and takes a deep breath. Of course, her father loves her. Just the thought of it hurts her heart.

When she's about to open the door, she heard her dad talking to someone. The door is slightly ajar, and it is easier for her to hear them, kahit gaano pa kahina ang boses ng mga ito.

"It's not that easy!" His dad hissed to the person he was talking to. Di nya pa talaga nabubukas ng maigi. It's not her intention to eavesdrop in a private conversation. But out of curiosity ay nakinig lang sya.

"If you can't get rid of her, then I will! Just like what we did to my sister! Hindi pwedeng mapasakanya ang lahat lahat ng pinaghirapan ko Francisco!" That voice sounds familiar. Halatang galit ito sa tatay nya.

"Huminahon ka Mi Amour" Malumanay na turan ng tatay nya.

Lumapit pa sya lalo sa may pinto when she hears soft moan like it was coming from the person he was talking to. The next thing she knew, the door is open, and she was completely shocked of what she saw.

No! Shock is an understatement. She is too stunned to speak, and it feels like her heart is shattering into pieces sa mga narinig nyang rebelasyon at sa mga nakikita nya ngayon.

She is witnessing her own dad devouring the mouth of his uncle, her mother's younger brother. She dropped her phone in so much shock that it surprised them. They looked in her direction together.

"D-Devon!" Shock is also written on their faces. Before she knew it, his uncle is now holding a gun. She didn't know where it came from. But one thing she is for sure right now. Her life is in danger.He was about to pull the trigger when he hears her dad shout.

"Hector NO! "She ran quickly. Fast and without looking back. She's trembling and she almost slipped. Her tears are flowing freely from her brown eyes. The only thing she knows is that she wants to live. She wants to live for his mother's justice. Her enemies are powerful, and she knows it will be difficult for her to win but she must survive.

"For you mom."