Chapter 30-Dinner

Chapter 30

After the meeting with board of directors, that took 7 long hours with 15-minute break, at feeling ko sasabog yung utak ko sa dami ng information, nakakaoverwhelm. 

Additionally, I am extremely famished. Prior to leaving the building, I came across a message from Adriana's mom specifying the location of her house for our dinner. I let out a sigh of reluctance.

Honestly, I am hesitating to attend because firstly, I am exhausted and secondly, I prefer to order takeout Filipino food for a faster meal.

However, I know that I cannot avoid the encounter, considering that I am the representative sponsor for the project they will be undertaking at the hospital. From time to time, they will provide updates and such.

Nevertheless, she is anticipating my presence, leaving me with no other option but to go. I utilized Waze to navigate towards a well-known subdivision, but I am not well-versed with the intricacies of the city as I did not grow up here.

The travel time is around 15 minutes, and there is moderate traffic. That's the only irksome aspect of living in the Philippines.

Hence, it is preferable to head straight home after work since I am not in the mood to go out today. The heat is unbearable outside, and it is difficult to drive around due to the convoluted paths.

Nakarating na rin ako sa wakas sa subdivision kung saan nakatira si tita, medyo malapit lang din pala sa bahay ni Adriana.  Pero yung condo ko medyo napalayo kasi mga 30-minute drive away from here siguro, out of the way na. 

Bumusina ako at pinapasok naman ako ng guard, medyo mahigpit ang security kaya naman hiningan pa ako ng iD.  Buti nalang talaga naparenew agad ni dad yung driver's license ko, at na change name na rin iyon kaya naman may nagagamit akong iD. 

I mean, all of my docs and iDs before kasi Solana pa yung gamit ko.  Actually, si dad ang nagpapaayos ng lahat ng documents and ids ko to change it to his surname. 

Nang makaring sa tapat ng bahay ng mommy ni Adriana ay agad akong binati ng isa sa mga kasambahay doon at pinag buksan na rin ako ng gate.  Ipinark ko ang sasakyan sa garage at saka ako iginiya ng maid papasok ng bahay. 

I am struck by the simplicity and beauty of the exterior. The flat roof and minimalist color scheme give the house a striking and distinctive look, while the landscaping is simple yet elegant.

As I step into the foyer of this beautiful modern house , I can't help but feel a sense of awe. The sleek and contemporary design is breathtaking, with clean lines and minimalist aesthetics that speak to my love of simplicity.

The living room is flooded with natural light, thanks to the large windows that provide a stunning view of the lush green landscape outside. The space is open and airy, with plenty of room.

Iginiya ako ng maid papunta sa kitchen, kung saan nandoon ang mommy ni Adriana.  I can't help but admire the modern appliances and the elegant design of the space. The kitchen island is the perfect place to prep meals or to gather with friends over drinks and snacks.

"Oh hija!  Nandyan ka na pala!" mula sa kung saan ay sumulpot ito.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Rivera" magalang na pagbati ko.

"Oh I said just call me tita Ava" yeah, nawala sa isip ko ng makita ko ito.  She has this intimidating powerful awra just like Adriana, kahit friendly ito compare sa anak nito.

Bineso ako nito at saka ako iginiya muna sa living room. 

"Maupo ka muna dito, I'm cooking my specialty which is adobo.  Your dad told me you are craving Filipino food"