Chapter 20-Farewell Party

Chapter 20

Today is Sunday and it's my off.  Weeks have past and I barely see Adriana in her house and in the clinic.  She's been spending her time in the hospital for the turn-over. 

She just informed me that she won't be around for a while since she is running some errand, and she needed to settle things first in the hospital since this will be her last week in the hospital.  She'll be focusing on her clinic after the turn-over.

Hindi ko na sya halos naaabutan sa bahay.  Minsan alanganing oras na ito nakakauwi, at agad din naman papasok.  Minsan kukuha lang ng damit or matutulog lang sandali tapos back to duty na.

This morning, she gave me my salary for like a month working.  I refused to take it, but she was too persistent.  Wala na ko nagawa kundi tanggapin iyon.

She was wearing her gym outfit when she gave me my salary, so she's probably going to the gym or baka mag jog around the subdivision.  She usually tagged me along pero ngayon ay hindi na ko isinama nito. 

After receiving my salary, she immediately left as if always in a hurry. After my confession, she also rarely shows up. I don't know if it's intentional or just really busy with work.

I hope she's just busy. However, today is Sunday, I know she won't go to the hospital today. I'll just wait for her and probably ask her what she wants for lunch. I missed cooking for her or giving her notes to read before eating lunch. I really want to make her feel that I'm serious.

And to be honest, I don't want to give Grayson false hope because now I know that we're just friends. I'm just looking for the perfect timing to tell him. He's also quite busy and I rarely get to talk to him. But one of these days, I need to tell him that I can only offer friendship. He deserves so much more.

I cleaned the inside and, also the outside of the house before taking a bath. I also did Adriana's laundry because it was already piled up. It's a bit tiring but I still need to work. She gave me a lot, so I feel ashamed that I haven't been taking care of the house much.

It's already 10:30 am, and I've finished all my tasks and even took a shower, but Adriana still hasn't arrived. I mean, it's been a long time, right? She left earlier and it's been three hours already. I'm starting to worry.

I messaged her, but she hasn't seen it. She didn't even tell me if she's going somewhere. I messaged Grayson to ask if Doc Jack is with Adriana, but he had no idea.

I just cooked lunch in case she arrives. I made a special meal for her today, and I hope she'll likes it. I want us to eat together because I miss her so much. I only feel recharged when I'm with her.

Even though she made it clear that she doesn't like me. I'll admit, it hurts when someone you like can't reciprocate your feelings. However, that's life, and I have to accept it.

...

It's almost dinner time and the food I cooked for her has gone cold. I worked hard on it, but she still hasn't arrived and hasn't even informed me. I went ahead and ate because I was too hungry to wait. I'm really worried now.

I've sent her several messages, but they haven't been delivered. As far as I know, she doesn't have work today, so why hasn't she come back yet?

I decided to reheat the food in the oven just in case she arrives anytime soon. Maybe she went to the hospital or had some errands to do. One thing's for sure, I know she'll come home tonight.

After reheating the food, I went to the bedroom for a half bath. I changed into my sleepwear after taking a shower. I want to sleep early tonight because I got tired from cleaning all day.