Chapter 23- Officially yours

Chapter 23

After that magical night, we decided not to sleep yet.  We wore our night robe and went back to the poolside and watch the stars there.

"So, tell me something about yourself.  Like, do you have any siblings? Or do you mind if I ask about your parents?"  She asked with a bit of hesitation when we sat on the edge of the pool while our feet are dipped in the water.

"Yung nanay ko, nagsuicide rin.  Two years ago.  Pinagbubuntis nya sana yung kapatid ko pero nakunan siya.  Nadepressed, so yun." Nagkibit balikat ako.  "Yung tatay ko, w-wala na rin sya, at ayoko ng pag-usapan", a tear escaped my eyes as I said those words.  Not because I was sad by the idea that his dead to me, I was sad that I had to lie to her.

She held my hand and squeezed it. "So, have you been homeless since then?"

I nodded. "H-how about your school? You seemed like a smart kind of girl. Do you want to continue? I can help you with that. We just need to visit your former school and-".

"Adriana, w-wala na kasi akong record nung sa school ko dati at isa pa a-ayoko na rin mag-aral.",  pagsisinungaling ko ulit.  Nakokonsensya na ko at gusto ko ng sabihin ang totoo dito pero natatakot ako.

"Are you sure?  You know I can always help you with anything" 

I nodded at pinisil ang kamay nito pabalik to assure her that she need not to worry.

"Kinakahiya mo ba na di ako nakapagtapos?  Na di ako professional tulad mo?" Pang-iinis ko rito.  Gusto ko lang makita ang reaction nito.

"Ofcourse not", she faced me and held my face. Wow! It feels good when she's this sweet. It's not often that she's in her sweet side, so I'll savor this moment for sure.

I pouted and was about to kiss her, but she moved away.

"I'm serious.  Is that really how you see me?"

I shook my head.  No, she's more than that.  I know she could love a person regardless of her status in life.  She loves truly.  That's what I believe in.

"Pero wala akong maibibigay sayo.. Di kita mabibigyan ng perfect life na gusto ng marami"

She looked up the sky this time and smiled bitterly.  I know she kinda regret being with a person who can't even afford to buy her own clothes.

"But I'm not them, being with you makes every moment.. " she paused and looked me in the eye "..perfect" 

I looked at her lovingly, but she looked away shyly. I smiled and leaned on her shoulder while gazing up at her. I'm getting used to being comfortable with her, although I still feel a bit shy.

I mean, I can't assume that this is something serious since we haven't talked about our feelings for each other yet. Like, I don't know if what she's feeling will last or if she's still confused about it or what. But one thing I do know is that I'm the happiest when I'm with her.

"Di ko alam na, sweet ka pala" I whispered softly to her while we were just looking at the stars. The weather was cooperating because it wasn't raining tonight. The weather was so beautiful, but since it's already the "Ber" month, you could feel the cold breeze of the wind.

"I'm not" Tanggi nito.  "I'm not sweet"

"Di lang ako sanay na ganito tayo", I honestly admitted it. I'm not used to her being sweet to me, so sometimes I feel a little awkward in our situation. I can't even fully believe that this is really happening.

It's scary to think that other people might find out, especially on her part. She's a reputable doctor.  Sometimes, I wonder what other people will say when they find out about us. I'm still thinking about her reputation as a doctor.  I don't want people judging her.