Chapter 14- First Real Kiss

CHAPTER 14

Where's the sanity in me?  Who cares about it?  Call me crazy, but I don't care.  My only concern is how soft her lips against my mouth.  My mouth is not moving, it is just pressed against hers. 

It wasn't clear if this is reality or just a dream.  I kept my eyes half open and slowly closed it.  A few moments more and I feel her lips moving and her hands are now wrapped around my neck. 

The warm feeling of her breath was inviting, so I move my mouth a little.  This is my first real kiss!  And it's addictively invading all my senses.  She parted her lips, and I can now fully taste her mouth. 

Sht this is crazy! 

My whole body tingled, the feel of her chest leaning on me as I tightened my grip.  She stopped and gasped some air.  We were both panting this time.  She was about to pull me in for another kiss when her phone rang. 

She looked at me, but I looked away.  I felt shy.  I shouldn't be sorry.  We both want this.  Pero bakit nagguilty ako sa nangyari?  I can't even look her in the eye. 

Unti-unti na itong bumitaw at naglakad na papunta sa pool side.  Sumunod naman ako at dumerecho kami sa upuan.  Dali dali nitong pinunasan ang kamay sa white towel na nakasabit sa may deck.  Kinuha ko ang juice nito at inilapag sa wooden table near the deck.  Sinagot naman nito ang phone.  It was Jackson, nabasa ko sa caller ID.

"Hello" she answered.  Nakinig ito sa kabilang linya.  Aalis na sana ako para makapag usap sila ng maayos when Adriana grabbed my hand.  Saglit nitong ibinaba ang phone at ibinalot sakin ang twalya nandoon.   Naka bathrobe na rin ito. 

I uttered a thank you, at iniwan na itong kausap si Jackson. 

Yeah, let's pretend it didn't happen.  Ganun naman talaga dahil wala naman iyon diba?  Wala iyon para kay Adriana.

It's just that, she was frightened and scared that time, that's the only way I could calm her. 

"Pero it means something to you, right?" sigaw ng kontrabidang bahagi ng utak ko.

I don't know.  And I don't even know why I did what I did.  All I know is, it's what I want to do right at that moment, and I don't regret it.

Tuluyan na kong pumasok sa kwarto ko at nag shower ng mabilisan.  I was supposed to skip shower today, pero ng dahil sa nangyari, I must take a bath.  I banged my way out of the bathroom 15minutes later after blowing my hair dry. 

I wear a cotton short and a shirt.  I tossed my self on my bed and stare at the celling as if there is something interesting.  I can't help but to repeat that pool scene in my mind.  I touch my lips slightly; I can still feel her lips on mine. 

Shit! 

Never had it crossed my mind that my very first real kiss would be of the same sex.  Hindi ko yun naisip because I was thinking it would be with a guy.  And the fun fact is it doesn't disgust me at all.  I never imagine myself kissing a girl.  For real.

And if Jackson's call didn't interrupt us, Adriana would've prolonged that kiss.  She was clearly anticipating that kiss too. 

The way she closed her eyes and how she wrapped her hands around my neck.  The question is, how can I face her?  Parang wala na kong mukhang maihaharap sakanya.  I have this feeling that today will be awkward for both of us. 

I f I was going to be honest, I just want to stay here in my room and avoid her and all the awkward situation that might happen between us again.  Enough for today.  Nakakabaliw na.  But there was a part of me that wanted to talk to her, and see her, bahala na kung ano mangyayari after that kiss.  This is weird!