OPPO NOPP O

OPPOSITES ATTRACT

The app took the country by storm. People no longer worried about getting hearts or working their way up to the pretty people's profile poll.

Those who attempted to break down the algorithm, certified most successful relationships were those where the couples' personality traits were only seventy percent compatible. What mattered were their life value perimeters.

A few researchers discovered the app also used face metrics to define compatibility, for people found those with similar face markers attractive.

According to the app's CEO, Oppo subscribers were likely to find their ideal in an unlikely package, but they would feel familiarity and connections that went beyond physical attraction.

Thiane knew she risked big. Thandie would not talk to her for weeks, but she wanted to show her sister that life carried on, and so she forced destiny. Her sister was too young to close her heart to love. Divorce, children, and age were pretexts people used when they didn't want to commit. A mature being ready for love saw beyond that, and Thiane was sure her sister could find such a person.

Thiane immediately panicked when she saw the first three suggested profiles. She should have paid attention to the physical preferences questions and answered as Thandie would have by choosing black men instead of any when the ethnicity question came up.

Thandie's trio was a Pantone palette.

There was:

- Martin Lewis, a Jamaican data analyst.

- Theo Singh, an Indian key account manager.

-  And Callum Mac Cormac, Irish baker.

The profiles were alright for Thiane, but she knew her sister would appreciate them less. Though Martin looked proper, he gave off that Moses vibes Thiane preferred her sister to avoid. As for the last guy, Thiane couldn't put a finger on it, but the baker gave her an impression of déjà vu.

She had seen him before but where?

Never mind, he was a white man!

Thandie had never dated or alluded to like one. On the contrary, she tended to criticize them. Thandie was part of the generation who grew up with as many biases concerning white men as they had about black women.

She found they lacked hygiene, and she didn't understand why most had pets, but above all, white men who dated black women only did it because they were either at the bottom of the barrel or wanted to explore the world and spice up their life.

Thandie had biases Thiane knew could have her miss a beautiful encounter.

There was only one thing she could do. Thiane had to speak to Callum, answer the survey, and swipe him out of Thandie's selection before her sister discovered that not only had she signed her up, but she matched with men she wouldn't even look at in life.

Thiane doubted she had the time to do everything at once while Thandie showered, but she had to try. She was getting ready to type when a message came through.

Hi, how are you?

Speak of the devil, thought Thiane.

Hi, I'm good and you?

Callum couldn't believe Thandie replied. He hurried to write back.

It's unbelievable; I would never have imagined the app would match people who lived across the street from one another.

Thiane frowned and looked in the window's direction. Why was he speaking of the street?

She was about to reply she remembered where she had seen him. Thiane had to take another glance at his photos to confirm. The verdict was without a call.