Chapter 1

"Nao-Chan! Wake up, we have a group of customers coming in an hour. We need your help and Takahashi is out picking up stuff for us at the store." Naomi's father Ito Heisuke calls out. Her mother Dusk Huiyin adds

"I have your furisode kimono sat aside for you too. Be sure to put it on. I will help you with the obi in a minute or so." Naomi let's out a groan and rubs her eyes, looking over at the kimono.

"Ngh.. too early to wear that." She whines and her mom slides the door to her room open, practically peeling her out of bed.

"Come on now Naomi. You still need to get dressed and made up... your hair is a mess right now. Let's go." Her mom lectures her while helping her get dressed. After getting the kimono on she begins to brush out Naomi's long hair, putting it into a neat bun. She adds a few hair ornaments and backs away, looking at her work.

"You look wonderful! Now come join us in the main house once you finish your makeup." Huiyin says cheerfully before walking out. Naomi glances in the mirror and tilts her head, some of the hair ornaments jingle lightly and she applies some makeup before walking to the door.

"Psst! Nao!" A voice at the window calls.

"Huh? Taka?" She asks and walks over carefully, sliding the window open.

"Yea-Woah hey! I think this is the earliest I've seen you up and ready before. Also, the kimono looks great on you! I got to help pick it out." He says happily and Naomi groans.

"Haha, anyways why are you lurking outside my window?" She asks in a curious tone. He holds up a cup of Taro Milk Tea and smiles at her, leaning in to kiss her cheek.

"I got you your favorite tea." He says and crawls in through the window, handing it to her. Before she can even drink her tea, Heisuke opens her door.

"Nao-Chan come on, you only got twenty... oh hey Takahashi! Why are you in here? You should be in the main room helping Huiyin." He says and Takahashi smiles, bowing to Heisuke.

"Alright boss!" He says before quickly rushing off. Naomi looks down at the milk tea and pouts.

"Dad can I at least drink this before the ice waters it down?" She asks, sulking. Heisuke beams at her and says

"Of course! But don't let your mom see that. She will get jealous and probably yell at Takahashi." Naomi smiles happily and hugs her dad tight.

"You're so awesome! I will be to the main house as soon as I finish it, just keep mom busy." She says and waves him off, stabbing the straw through the lid.

Heisuke walks into the main house and leans against the wall, watching Huiyin and Takahashi set up. Once Huiyin notices him, she clears her throat and asks

"Would you mind helping and not just standing around?" He smiles coyly and says

"But you guys are managing fine. I think I will just stay over here." He takes a fan out of his sleeve and opens it, closing his eyes. Takahashi raises an eyebrow and looks between both of them.

"Taka. If you will..." she says and holds a hand out to him. Takahashi awkwardly hands her a throwing star and she elegantly tosses it towards her husband, but Heisuke stops it with the fan somehow...

Naomi slides open the door and says

"I'm here!" Heisuke smiles at her and pats her head, handing her the fan. He says

"Ah, here Nao-Chan. I think you and Takahashi can finish setting up. I need to have a word with your mom." Huiyin follows Heisuke out of the main house and Naomi smiles at Takahashi, before looking down at the fan.