Chapter 2

The next morning Naomi wakes up, turning around to face Takahashi. She smiles and squishes his face gently. Naomi leans in and kisses him softly. Takahashi wakes up and tumbles out of bed away from her. He pouts and says

"Hey, that is unfair. You can't attack me like that?" There is a light tapping on the window and Takahashi walks over and opens it.

"Hey is NaoNao there?" The boy from next door asks. Takahashi slams the window shut in his face.

"What is Kokoro doing out there?" He asks annoyed and the window slides back open.

"That wasn't very nice taka. You are such a bully. You were probably making fun of NaoNao." He sulks and slinks into the room, finding his way to the edge of the bed.

"Good morning NaoNao-Chan!" He says happily and smiles at her, resting his chin on the edge of the bed. Naomi ruffles up his hair that was already messy to begin with.

"Good morning Ko! What are you doing over here? Won't your mom get mad? Also, you need to at least comb your hair." She scolds him and grabs her brush, beginning to carefully brush the tangles out of his hair. Kokoro looks over at Takahashi and sticks his tongue out, looking back at Naomi to reply.

"Nah, she's out on business today. So I figured I would hang out with my favorite person." He says and winks at her. Takahashi interrupts and pulls Kokoro away from Naomi.

"Aren't you a bit too close?" Takahashi asks in an angry tone. Kokoro tenses up a little and turns to face Takahashi, smiling at him.

"Awwww! Is Taka feeling jealous? Don't worry I like you too, but NaoNao is the highest on my list." He coos and kisses Takahashi's cheek, moving away to Naomi again.

"Ooo~ NaoNao! Has your hair gotten longer since I've last seen you? Lemme braid it!" He says and happily jumps onto the bed behind her. Takahashi rubs his cheek off with his sleeve.

"Yuck." He grimaced and looks back up at them, shouting

"What did I tell you about space?!" Kokoro tilts his head and replies

"You didn't say anything about stars or planets." Naomi muffles her giggles and the door slides open.

"Hmm? What's all this commotion about?" Naomi's dad asks, and looks into the room.

"Thank the world you are here mister Heisuke. Tell Kokoro to quit being so close to Nao-Chan!" Takahashi pleads, but is practically ignored.

"Kokoro! Come over here! It's been like a year since I've seen you." Heisuke says and holds his arms out. Kokoro runs over and hugs him tightly.

"Heyo Mr. Dusk. Look at you! You look great! Where is Mrs. Dusk? I wanna see her!" Kokoro says and starts to hop around. Heisuke smiles and pats his head.

"Come, I will make some tea and you can catch up with all of us." He suggests and Takahashi is violently shaking his head.

"Can we not?" He asks and gets ignored again. Naomi looks at Takahashi and frowns.

"Do you really not like him that much?" Takahashi says

"He's just too close to everyone it's not fair. It just seems like your family likes him more than me." Naomi sighs and replies

"You know that isn't true. Do you just want to hang out today then? I'm sure we can sneak out, but I personally want to hang out with Kokoro. It's just been so long." Takahashi rolls his eyes and storms out of the room, leaving the tea house. Naomi rubs her temples and sighs. She gets dressed and heads into the main house, sitting at the table next to Kokoro.