Chapter 14

Nikita moves around in his bed, but it seems that he is unable to move around much. There is something warm and large taking up his bed, it is kind of comforting. He slowly opens his eyes and looks up, only to see dark red eyes staring back at him.

"Oh god what the-?! Get out of my room you pervert!" He shouts, pushing himself away from Touya an amused expression on his face, as Nikita falls onto the floor head first.

"Did you sleep well?" Touya asks calmly, looking over the edge of the bed at Nikita.

"What kind of question is that?!" He asks, and pauses beginning to remember his breakdown from the previous night. He freezes in place and wonders if he should just drown himself in the pond, but before he can come up with a solid plan. Touya stands up and hugs him tightly, gently kissing the top of his head. Nikita furrows his eyebrows so hard that they almost join together, as his face is squished against Touya's bare chest. Taiju slams the door open and shouts

"GOOD MORNING TO-?!" Touya glares at his younger brother and manages to whip a pillow square at his face, obviously angry that the moment was ruined and that Taiju gave Nikita enough Tim to make himself scarce.

Takahashi wakes up, hearing his loud mouthed brother all the way across the courtyard. He sits up in bed carefully, looking at Naomi, who is still fast asleep. He decides to ignore the outside world and he lays back down facing Naomi, beginning to play with her long hair. He wraps some around his fingers and gently kisses it. He begins to wonder to himself how Naomi can sleep through all of the ruckus and loud noises. Deciding he can't ignore his noisy brothers anymore, he gets up out of bed changing into his uniform for the tea house. Before he leaves the room, he walks back over to the bed and gently kisses Naomi's forehead. He leaves the room and walks across the courtyard to see what all of the commotion is about.

"What is your problem Taiju, why are you yelling so early in the morning? Also, why do you look so sour Touya?" Takahashi asks, fixing his headband to sit straight. Touya glares at Taiju and looks at Takahashi asking.

"Did you happen to see where that bunny hopped off to?" Takahashi raised an eyebrow and asked

"Bunny? What are you..." Taiju whispers.

"he's talking about Nikita." Takahashi looks between both of his siblings disturbed and kind of disgusted, as he replies.

"I don't know, Nikita. He is weird and does his own thing so... yeah, why do you want to know anyways? Also, why are you calling him a bunny... you know what. Don't answer that. I'm going to go help open up the tea house." He walks away, shaking his head.

Naomi finally wakes up and walks out of Takahashi's room, going into her own to get dressed up. She walks over to her full length mirror and begins brushing her long hair, before neatly putting it up and pinning it into place with different hair ornaments that were gifted to her. Today, she decides to dress up in her training wear (the kimono her mom previously altered for her) and after she was done dressing, her scythe materialized in her hand.

"Time to go out and train." She says to herself and heads out to the back of the courtyard to see the training dummies and a small figure attacking them with kunai. Naomi walks over curiously and smiles, seeing Tsubakihime training. Naomi clears her throat so that the younger girl knows that she is there. Tsubakihime jumps and blushes, clutching her kunai in her hand before saying.

"Ah, Naomi! Good morning, did you sleep well? I didn't, my brothers were causing too much commotion. I wish they would learn to be a bit quieter in the morning." She mumbles the last sentence and sighs, plastering a small smile back onto her face. Naomi replies

"Good Morning, Tsubakihime! I did sleep well, Takahashi likes to joke around that I could sleep through a tornado and he is probably right. Maybe I can have my mom ask them to keep it down, because she can be pretty scary at times." Tsubakihime quickly shakes her head and replies.

"It's fine, really, it is okay. I will just sleep in a room farther away from them... actually, I should be headed home soon. My master is probably worried." She walks over to the training dummy and pulls out her kunai, before returning to Naomi's side. She bows and smiles at her, before saying.

"It was wonderful to meet you Naomi, but I'm gonna go home now. I will inform my brothers of my departure. Also, have fun training!" She smiles brightly and leaves Naomi alone to train. Nikita was watching this unfold from a tree and he carefully makes his way down, walking over to Naomi who had finally began her training.

"Hey Naomi, do you know when the rest of his siblings are going home? I mean Tao is fine and Taiju is alright, but the oldest one... I think he likes me." He says all of this consecutively and Naomi looks at him, annoyed. She holds her scythe in her hands and asks.

"Why exactly do you think he likes you for Nikita? You have the personality of an old musty paper bag and you aren't loyal to anyone but yourself." Nikita frowns and crosses his arms over his chest, before replying.

"Yeah, well, you have the personality of a boring basic otaku, who thinks she can kawaii her way into people's lives. You make me feel ill, anyways, you didn't answer my question." Before this can turn into a war there is the sound of heavy footsteps headed their way and Naomi turns on her heels, her scythe still drawn.

"Ah, so, this is where the bunny fled to? I cannot say I am surprised." Touya jokes, sending a shiver down Nikita's spine. Naomi slams her scythe down into the ground and leans against it, deciding to watch this drama unfold.

.( Naomi's equivalent of finding popcorn 🍿 and standing to the side. 🫡 ).

Nikita looks at Naomi and groans knowing that she definitely would not help him. So he turns his attention back to Touya. Who is standing there, just smiling at him. Nikita sneers,

"I am not a damn bunny! If anything I am a fierce tiger!" He puffs out his chest and Naomi lets out a snicker, Touya holds back his laughter and replies.

"You are more like a mere kitten, one that has been declawed at that. You just sound like you are meowing to me, there is no fierce roar." Nikita balls up his fists and grits his teeth, before waving out his hand. Thus, materializing his naginata; pointing the blade towards Touya, asking.

"Declawed? Really? Does this make me declawed in any sense?" Touya nods and laughs a bit, not really phased by the introduction of a weapon to this scene. He takes the blade between his index and middle finger, moving it to the side and taking a step closer to Nikita.

"You know, you are just proving my point here... right? You are acting like a cornered kitten, but... I would still prefer to call you a bunny." Nikita is practically fuming at this and Naomi finally decides to step in, pulling her scythe from the ground. She hits the staff part of Nikita's naginata and warns them.

"Alright boys... Nikita, keep this civil or else mom might fly off the handle and punish you both. Then again. It is none of my business, I am just a bystander." She says innocently and walks away, dematerializing her scythe as she goes. A small smile on her face, as she confidently leaves that mess behind her, thinking.

'They should be fine, right? I mean I did give them a warning. So, if they end up suspended upside down from a tree limb... I don't have to feel bad.'