Chapter 7

Heisuke sits in a hot bath and looks at the deep claw marks on his shoulder.

"This still hurts." He mumbles to himself and begins to carefully clean the wounds, hissing at the pain. The door slides open and Huiyin walks in, shutting the door behind herself.

"Do you need help?" She asks and begins to tie up her sleeves, kneeling next to the bathtub. Heisuke smirks and reaches over, untying her hair. He leans over and whispers in her ear.

"Maybe you should actually come into the bathtub with me." He reaches over again and she backs away, looking at him.

"Hmm, If you are gonna be nasty. Maybe I shouldn't help you." Heisuke pouts and looks over at her, whining.

"Please. At least help me wash my hair." He mutters and she sighs, tying her hair back up. She sits on the edge of the tub and puts some shampoo onto his short fluffy hair, beginning to work it into his hair. Heisuke leans into her touch and keeping his eyes closed. Huiyin hums a soft tune, as she continues to wash his hair. Once she is done she gets up, drying her hands on a towel.

"Heisuke, Nikita said that he didn't send the couple. What do you think? Why did it happen?" She asks and sits on the counter, swinging her legs. Heisuke looks at her and says

"I'm not sure. It was pretty weird. Maybe it was just a random plan they came up with, because it definitely was not organized in anyway. Honey. Don't worry about it. I will protect you with my life. I do owe you that." He stands up, water rolling down his bare skin. Huiyin leans over handing him a fresh towel. He dries his hair and face, before wrapping the towel around his waist. He walks over to Huiyin, looking down at her. She looks up at him and says

"Yeah, you are probably right. I am sorry for worrying so much." Heisuke smiles at her softly and places a hand on her cheek, before leaning in kissing her. Huiyin kisses him back, before gently pushing him to sit down. She wraps up his wound carefully.

"Come on! Come at me with your worst!" Takahashi shouts, and Naomi rushes at him. She slices towards him and he dodged elegantly.

"Good job! Come on again!" He cheers her on and she groans, swinging at him again. This time she slices off his headband. It falls to the ground in two sad pieces. Naoki pants heavily, leaning against her scythe. Takahashi walks over and pats her back, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

"You need to keep up your training." He says and kisses her cheek. She sighs and looks at him, pouting.

"I know that, but like, ugh. I think I need to wear something more fight worthy, like a modernized kimono with the hem taken up more." She mumbles and starts to mess with her kimono, lifting it up above her knee, sliding the shoulders down a bit. Takahashi blushes and awkwardly looks away, mumbling.

"Maybe you should talk to Huiyin. She can sew something up for you, but, uhm. Don't you think it is a bit too revealing? Like wouldn't you distract the enemy a bit much... like I." He starts to rant and Naomi says

"Why don't you just tell me that you don't like it? I mean Taka.. your clothes should be alternated too. Like we can cut off one of your sleeves and maybe..." Takahashi presses a finger to her lips and says

"No, no that will not be necessary." Naomi shrugs and walks off to find her mom, saying

"Well, suit yourself. I'm gonna ask mom to make me a new modernized short kimono. I think I will get a mesh top to wear under it." Takahashi blushes, shaking his head.

Nikita walks into the small shack near the back of the courtyard. He walks in and closes the door, kneeling on the floor. He strips off the top of his kimono and lights some candles, he cuts over an old wound on his chest. He collects some of the blood, dripping it into the middle of the candles. He closes his eyes and begins to recite an incantation, a strange wind forms in the room. It blows his hair back and he feels a presence behind himself, but decides to ignore it. Kokoro looks in at Nikita shocked and he storms into the shack, noticing the blood all over.

"What are you doing?!" He shouts and Nikita opens his eyes, glaring up at him. Kokoro looks at him and frowns. Nikita stands up and towers over Kokoro, replying

"I was trying to summon someone, but you rudely interrupted me. Do you not know how to knock?" Kokoro balls up his fists and looks down at Nikita. Before Kokoro can even say anything Nikita turns to leave, walking out into the center of the courtyard. His blood still staining his chest and hands. Takahashi jumps back when he looks at Nikita.

"Yikes! Why are you all covered in blood. Come on. You need to get cleaned up." Takahashi says and pulls Nikita along with himself. They get into the bathroom and Takahashi runs warm water, cleaning the blood off the the older boy. Nikita watches Takahashi carefully and leans back a little, reaching up to caress his cheek. Takahashi backs away and shoots him a concerned glare, asking

"Are you feeling alright? Or have you lost too much blood?" Nikita smirks, replying

"Can't I admire a hot man that is tending to my injuries?" Takahashi cringes and grabs medicinal ointment, applying it to Nikita's wounds.

"Uhm, you cannot. Especially when we are both dating someone and I am dating your sister at that. You're just up to no good aren't you?" He asks. Nikita pouts and Takahashi wraps up his chest, before moving back to look at the bandages. He nods to himself and goes to leave, but Nikita grabs his wrist. He manages to pin Takahashi against the wall and he says

"Of course I am up to no good, life is more fun that way. Right?" He smirks, before leaning in. Nikita looks up at Takahashi, kissing him deeply. Takahashi freezes his eyes opening wide in shock.

"Hey Taka, are you in there?" Naomi asks from the other side of the door, sliding it open.

"Hey Takahashi! Look at this new outfit that mom made for... me." Naomi whispers the last sentence and stands there in shock. Takahashi pushes Nikita back carefully and moves over to Naomi quickly, saying

"It's not what it looks like! It's not what it looks like I swear! It was all him." He gestures to Nikita who just waves, a small smirk plastered on his face. Takahashi rests his hands on her bare shoulders and looks her up and down.

"Nao-Chan." He sulks and looks deeply into her eyes.