001

IVY

Thinking to myself about how I can be better has always been an idea that consumed my thoughts rather than every waking moment. I couldn't help it because there is always something that can be done to improve in one way or another. That concept swallows me whole day in and day out.

I probably present as uptight but I really just get caught up in my own head because the only person I truly feel in competition with is myself. It's always something minute that launches me into an overthinking frenzy like this.

Typically I try not to be so hard on myself but you don't get to this point by cruising through life thinking it'll be easy per se, or at least you shouldn't. "Ivy there's a quick meeting in the conference room about the upcoming cases and last month's closing arguments". I'm snapped out of my thoughts and I look up briefly 

"Thank you so much Hailey I'll be there in 5 minutes". I gather the necessary things I'll most likely need for this meeting and put my game face on reminding myself I'm here for a reason and knowing I'm the best and greatly capable.

I walk into the conference room seeing everyone else engaging in small conversation. I take my seat placing down my belongings and hear "Ah look who has finally graced us with her presence" I glance up seeing Damien's green eyes already locked onto me and my frame. 

Damien is the insufferable human that I share the title of co-partner with. Quite infuriating considering this irritating piece of shit enjoys going tit for tat with Mel a king the capability to act his age. 

The only things I personally think he has going for him are his good looks and somehow securing this position. He stands at about 6'10 with broad shoulders and a muscular body. 

Honestly, the Lakers could use the jolly green giant more than this law firm. Along with his height, he has piercing green eyes and dark curly hair that frames his face that he chooses to style every now and again, nothing too special.

Rolling my eyes I say "At least one of us needs to come prepared and that seems to be me doesn't it Damien?" finishing it off with a tight-lipped smile that reads duh you dumbass. He narrows his eyes as I notice the smirk that he had on his face previously, and drops as he realizes all he brought along was his phone completely omitting even his laptop. 

The Chair of the firm comes in and we both welcome her in, along with some summer associates that sit in the back of the large room. We discuss boring details and it seems as if everyone has become a bit bored of the current monotone conversation. I choose to look up from my notepad where I see Damien quite literally gawking at my cleavage, this fucking dog. 

So why not toy around a bit, I'm bored anyway. "Damien, did you hear what Suzanne said about the upcoming case and us needing to work closer together?" Based on the way you almost blew up and ruined the last case's closing argument, or were you too far in Dreamville to consciously listen?"

DAMIEN

"Damien, did you hear what Suzanne said about the upcoming case and us needing to work closer together? Based on the way you almost blew up and ruined the last case's closing argument, or were you too far in Dreamville to consciously listen?" 

This woman has lost it, I am fed up with her ass. Granted I wasn't listening to a word Suzanne was saying because Ivy was looking delectable today she has a soft slick back ponytail and perfectly smooth skin.

She wore a white dress shirt dress with a pale pink corset on top that framed her chest very nicely like damn every inch of her skin seemed to be smooth and perfectly brown. As she adorned light silver jewelry.

Like damn ok I wasn't listening she could at least shut the fuck up about it. So I shot back "You mean when you didn't listen to my strategy for the argument and completely refuted what I said and damn near confused the whole jury and judge" I said with a sly smirk. 

To which she responded while narrowing her eyes saying "Well you completely didn't listen to the man who had testified previously because you would have tweaked your argument accordingly." "You know what Ivy" I start before I am cut off by Suzanne. 

"Alright that is enough you two can go back to work or do something" she said with the closing of her eyes and a sigh. Ivy shoots up and struts out of the office in her YSL heels and I can't help but shamelessly watch her hips sway. I leave as well hot on her tail. 

She walks to the large private bathroom between our offices which only we share. She apparently has not noticed me behind her because she goes to slam the door which I block with my foot. "You have to be fucking kidding me, what do you want Damien?"

I stare down at her which is humorous because she truly isn't even that short standing at 5'10. "What the fuck was that about," I say. As she walks up to the mirror and over to the sink, I close and lock the door and follow suit, standing behind her at the sink and staring at her through the mirror.

AN: Thanks for reading
Vote and Comment🤍