007

Ivy

I woke up feeling relaxed and at ease, as I blink my eyes getting adjusted to the light touching everything in my room coming through my curtains. I begin to stretch but find myself laying on top of Damien a very stone-like torso but at the same time clearly comfortable considering I slept undisturbed. 

I feel awful this is not what was supposed clear boundaries were supposed to be set and waking up intertwined was not entailed within those boundaries I've constructed. Clearly, this inner turmoil was going on for quite some time because when I look up at Damien he's staring at me like a creep. "How long have you been staring?" I ask. 

"A while I didn't want to disturb you". Interesting because this motherfucker has never been one to be mindful. "Oh um my bad didn't mean to end up on you like that" I get up off of him and head to the bathroom and he doesn't respond and I know I wasn't talking to my damn self. 

I look over my shoulder and see him just staring at me and my body stone-faced only to see that the oversized shirt I had put on had rolled up and my boy shirt's underwear was clearly being eaten up by my ass courtesy to my mirror sitting in the corner of my bedroom. 

"Are you for real right now?" He just shrugs his shoulders this bastard pisses me off more and more by the damn second. I just ignore him and go to the bathroom to shower and attempt to start my day. The water begins to steam up the bathroom, I toss my pajamas into the laundry basket in my bathroom and get in. 

I let the warm water run down the plane of my body as I grab my loofah and begin to lather my skin and it just feels heavenly. I've completed my shower routine and I know I have been in here too long because I've begun to prune so I step out wrapping myself in a towel and begin to moisturize as I prop my leg up on the toilet. 

I hear the door open and I look over my shoulder to see with Damien a new toothbrush in hand. "Found it in the hallway closet" this motherfucker did not just go through my home and my organizer in my closet come on. Damien begins brushing his teeth while I am still very clearly in here meaning it's my turn. Actually, fuck it, it's my bathroom in my damn house. 

"Hold on now Damien I'm in the bathroom right now". "Clearly" he says not stopping his task. "Meaning get out, we don't do sleepovers and we are not a couple" he stops. Spitting in the sink  "eventually" he says shrugging. "Excuse me" I say utterly stunned. "You are mine, are you not?" "I am no ones" I say facing him clearly now with attitude present in my tone. 

"But that's not what you said when you were wrapped around me, cumming all over me." I just roll my eyes, he strides over to me looking down at me. "Are you mine?" He asks. "The fuck do I look like a pet or an inanimate object?" I said.

"Just answer the fucking question he breathes out" clearly fed up but so am I. I just stare at him my facial expression giving him his answer. "Cool" he says turning on his foot and slamming the door. 

Fuck.

Damien

I don't know what came over me and why I acted that way. However, I have always known that I was a somewhat possessive man when it came to partners and that wasn't going to stop at Ivy. 

Yes, I usually didn't give a fuck about women that I had slept with casually, and even if those aspects extended to work the attitudes towards them never changed. However, when it came to Ivy it was something more than that it is the interactions and the depths of our encounters.

 It wasn't just the sex but the banter, her poise, her knowledge, and her personality she was so multifaceted so it was deeper than just a superficial fuck. I just keep raking my mind over what I had said, eventually, we could be a couple. I should never have said that and I don't know why I had, I don't thoroughly enjoy relationships and I wasn't looking for anything of the sort. 

I feel as though the only reason I had said it was to have a sense of control and it makes me sick because that's not the man I am or was raised to be. In the moment I felt as though I just wanted her to be mine and only that. Mine so badly so that every man she encountered would stop flailing and desperately attempting to get her attention.

However, truthfully that's not my problem, and if they wish to do that they can. It simply isn't my job or place to attempt to force Ivy's hand into a situation that she does not want and doesn't appeal to her, her life, and/or her goals. I've been driving home and I am currently sitting outside my condo. 

Heading in I just can't believe the degree to which I acted and the immaturity behind it. Storming out as if I am a child that cannot regulate their emotions. I take the elevator up open my door and am ready to just shower and head to bed for a nice nap that will give me the reset I need to be in the headspace to do some work later. 

I head to the shower washing my hair and allowing the warm stream to elevate the stress and angst plaguing my body. I decided as I'm in here it would just be best to give Ivy some space.

It'll help me focus on the upcoming case and help me get back to the normal level-headed Damien, as opposed to a lustful and irrational one that has arisen and infiltrated my life and actions as of recently. I cannot assume what's best for Ivy but I can bet that the space from my immature comments and actions every now and then could better help her work and focus. So that's what I'll do to give her and myself that space.

AN: Quick chapter

Thank you so much for 1k reads🤍