!!𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6!!

Karl's pov:

  It was around afternoon and I wished I wasn't alive. (Mood) I've only had four hours of sleep because of my parents yelling. Probably business trips and all again.

  I had so much homework to do for the weekend, this was going to take a while. I just wished it was still summer, I miss the times where I would stay awake till late at night just chatting with people, not having to worry about rushing things.

  I know, it sounds stupid, school is important after all, for my better chances of a better career and life. Right?

  At least that's what I've been told. Need to obey rules, act as a student, don't misbehave, dress properly, don't speak for what's right or wrong, your elders are always right.

  Why do they even want us to be perfect? They expect us, kids, to learn and never make any mistakes. Once a student outstands from the others, he is assessed irresponsible and is excluded from everything.

  Not only school but the same people who we call our "parents". Why do the people we "ought to trust" and learn from, make us think we are irresponsible and worthless of doing anything?

3rd person pov:

  Karl's mind flood with thoughts about everything happening around him, he didn't even realize he had started crying until he heard his mother call for him.

"Karl! Come downstairs this instant!"

  Was he going to be involved in another argument of theirs? Probably. Did he want to? No. No, of course he didn't.

  He forced himself up, walking down the stairs of the hallway. He looked over to see them at the kitchen isle, his father was holding on the counter as he rubbed his forehead, signs of stress and nervousness.

  His mother on the other hand was holding a paper and seemed pretty calm, despite being the one who called him downstairs with a shaky tone.

"What's going on?"

  Karl got the wrong idea for the papers, he couldn't take his eyes off of them, not even when his mother asked him to get closer, he was confused and scared.

"Karl."

  His father started, sending a shiver down Karl's spine, he looked up and saw them both staring at him. What was going on? Why were they being so "distant"? Or at least what Karl felt. Being 5 feet away from each other, and it still felt as if they were miles away.

"We need to leave. We are moving out."

Karl was more confused now. What was wrong? Why did they need to leave all of the sudden?

"Why..?"
"Your father lost his job. We can't afford the bills."
"..."

Oh.

Oh.