!!𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8!!

Karl's Pov:

I woke up more excited than usual. Despite having few things to check off my list, these things didn't seem to stress me as much anymore. Not like before.

After yesterday, after meeting them, after being offered to stream with them, something seemed to change within me.

I didn't feel like me anymore, I didn't feel like Karl. I felt more like, Karl. I felt a change, a motive, a sense of filling the void. That maybe life was really taking a turn for me, that now i'd change. Everything would change.

Maybe.

"Maybe" I hear my sister said beside me, cutting some bread. I told her about starting a streaming career and was expecting a no, but I guess she kinda needs to support me. She's my sister. Siblings are meant to support and help each other so.

"Maybe what?" I ask.
"Maybe you could. You know, maybe you- can, start a streaming career. Maybe. Perhaps." She sounded so unsure, it made me worried. She usually is so confident and bold with her answers.
"...okay" is all I can say. Okayokayokay.

\\ --- //

I take a big bite from my bread covered in Strawberry and Peach Jam. It feels weird to finally eat breakfast with everyone on the table, everything feels more awkward when they are around. Awkward but comforting in a way.

It seemed as a lot had changed. My mother was more careful with how much she ate, after attending my uncle's wedding. He left her a hurtful word, causing her to be more careful on what she eats. My father didn't seem to enjoy his food anymore, he seemed stressed and sad. Depressed. My sister could only use some table manners.

I stare down at my plate as I play around with my food a bit, I want to say something, I want to speak, to be heard, but I stay silent. I am afraid they'll get mad or refuse on the idea of streaming.

Maybe I shouldn't speak about business relate for a while. Until things cool down and my father finds a job. Until things fix themselves. I don't need to sp-

"Karl had a wonderful idea to help with the bills. He suggested he starts streaming" my sister speaks for me instead. She takes a glance at me to make sure of my reaction, smiling at me.

"Really?" My mother asks. Her tone is neat and very low, she seems tired.
"If only it helps.. Of course.." I say quietly, not wanting to lose my chance.
"Okay." My father replies. "Okay, sure."

I smile.

"Thank you. Dad and mum. Thank you, a lot."

I made it sound as if it was far worse to be talked about, as if I had just confessed on a crime and they didn't yell at me. As if I was a little kid and convinced them to not send me to school.

It felt nice. To be a kid again.

\\ --- //

I sit at my room as I hear my parents talk in the living room again. My sister left earlier today to sleep over to her boyfriend's. Sometimes I wish she had more time for me, like, she cared for me.

I know she does, but I wished she showed it more. I wish she hugged me more. I wish she would talk to me more. I wish she'd take me with her on long walks, down the street, where it's filled with orange and yellow leaves, where mostly elderly people pass by, where there is enough silence to enjoy each others presence.

I wish she'd do the things an older sister would do. I wish she helped me. I wish she kept me company. I wish she comforted me.

But I never got that. All I ever got was "bye Karl!" Or "Goodnight Karl". And that was something to me. Something simple.

I suddenly hear my name in my parent's conversation, pushing my chair closer to the door to hear better.

All I hear is a new school, a streaming career and my mother being worried about me. About making friends and my safety. I guess that's what a parent does.

Is worried about their kid. Their kid that was particularly raised on the internet because no one else would pay attention on him. Their kid that knows too much about one world. Their kid that grew up too fast. Their kid.

Hm.

Okay. I guess. It's their kid. Their choice. Okayokayokay.

I guess it is then. I am starting at a new school this Thursday. I'll need to catch up on some lessons and meet new people. New teachers and new areas. New classrooms and new rules. This was all a whole mess. A beautiful mess.

A beautiful mess.

I could forget about this mess for a while. I could text someone to forget about it. I could.. No. We haven't talked in a while. He might think I hate him. But I want to talk with someone. I need to talk with someone.

...

Karl: hey.

Alex: hey! Karl! How are you? Is everything alright? I heard you moved out.

Karl: Alex i am not okay.
Karl: I need help.

Alex: what's wrong?

Karl: I am nervous Alex. I am going to a new school, with new people and new areas. What if I mess up something? What if rumors spread?

Alex: cut the shit Karl.

Alex: maybe we'll be in the same school Karl.

Alex: maybe we'll be in the same class.

Alex: it won't be as bad. Don't worry.

Karl: ...

Alex: It'll be alright.

It'll be alright.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby you're now going to hate me :)

Anyway so I messed up on a previous chapter!! To explain, Alex(Quackity) and Karlos know each other irl, but they haven't exchanged tags on Disc or Minec <3

I hope you all rest well and don't forget to eat and hydrate :) I love you guys <3